Clubs furloughing staff

Any club furloughing their staff and expecting the government to pay should have transfer bans - surely if they’re that hard up they can’t spend millions buying players?

If they spend millions buying players while furloughing players, then absolutely.

But I hardly expect that to happen.

Seriously, people need to get it into their heads that clubs could well be in trouble in the very near future. Strangely, the bigger the club, it's almost more likely that they will be in trouble because they will have a far bigger wage bill to honour. There's talk of players reluctantly taking a 30% pay cut but even that will only go a small way to solving the problem. 70% of a £250m wage bill, say, is still an impossible amount when no money is coming in.

Because the club and their supporters are so bloody deluded about their status, they deserve all the abuse which is thrown at them for their latest act of hypocrisy and asbuse of an attempt to help ordinary people cope with the effects of the virus.

Fucking small time dippers !!

Oh well. Decades of shit coming home to roost. The stupidity of the transfer system. TV money in the billions. Shithead / corrupt / greedy Managers on merry go rounds.... Foolish directors. And the agents, and the administrators and representatives. Ever more incomprehensible amounts of money flowing around has become the norm. Add to this sooooo many people engaged in maximising every last penny (usually because it goes towards their cut). This is a perfect storm brewing. Are there agents open to advising clients to look at the wider picture, popularity, and potentially recouping that through increased exposure, and future marketability? Maybe even selling their clients the intangible benefits that come with a sense of connectedness, purpose and story?

The fan backlash seems pretty bad, to be expected i guess.

Wouldn't suprise me if they withdrew it by tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.