Clubs furloughing staff

If they spend millions buying players while furloughing players, then absolutely.

But I hardly expect that to happen.

Seriously, people need to get it into their heads that clubs could well be in trouble in the very near future. Strangely, the bigger the club, it's almost more likely that they will be in trouble because they will have a far bigger wage bill to honour. There's talk of players reluctantly taking a 30% pay cut but even that will only go a small way to solving the problem. 70% of a £250m wage bill, say, is still an impossible amount when no money is coming in.
The £42m profit they have just made is enough to pay the non-playing staff for the next eight years if the quoted figures are correct. They will still have most of their sponsor revenues. Liverpool FC are taking the piss out of the British people. They do not need a state subsidy.

The £42m profit they have just made is enough to pay the non-playing staff for the next eight years if the quoted figures are correct. They will still have most of their sponsor revenues. Liverpool FC are shamelessly taking the piss out of the British people. They do not need a state subsidy.

It’s disgusting what Liverpool and many other prem clubs are doing right now. It’s putting me off football completely. The sheer greed and lack of acknowledgement of what’s going on right now.

Liverpool make hundreds of millions each season yet they are using taxpayers money to pay staff. Staff who barely earn anything.

do these club or the premier league not realise the damage they are doing... huge portions of society are beginning to see what they are really about - money and greed.

I’m at the point where I might just give up watching football. Over paid money mercenaries ran by crooks. There’s no such thing as community club that cares in the prem now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.