Clubs vote for 'home-grown' rule

TimmyP

The Football League has voted overwhelmingly in favour of implementing new quotas on home-grown players from the start of next season.

At least four players in every 16-man match-day squad will have to have been registered domestically for at least three years before their 21st birthday

Fair play I reckon. Not sure if we'd ever see it in the prem, but I guess you can't rule it out.

A similar rule already applies to the squads for European competitions, 4 trained at the club for 3 years plus another 4 trained in the home country for 3 years before they're 21.

shaundickov said:
It would do wonders for the national team. I'm all for it.

They don't have to be English.

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference in the Premier League, infact it would make it worse.

Clubs like the rags and Chelsea would just buy the best english talent from smaller clubs like Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves, Ferdinand and also buy the best young players from smaller clubs and put them on the bench because they need homegrown players in the squad.

What the rule should be now there is 18 players allowed in a squad on a matchday is 4 out of the 18 players should have been at the clubs academy from the age of 12 or 13.

They are f****d. Which is why I don't want the likes of Diarra, because it just turns us into the next Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.