CM 01/02 Challenge

Damocles: What full backs do you play that are good? And do you have any suggestions?

Plus the MC's that run to the side of the AMC are the runs diagonal to the wings or straight up?

after my daft run this morning, and being sacked, i started again. Doing better but not much, im sitting 11th after 17 games, ive won all my homes games and lost all but 1 away, which was a 0-0 draw vs wimbledon.

i just cant get the knack of this game, i used love it years ago and was easier, now its just pissing me off.

bought madeira, dunwell, whos in reserves at the mo, as he wont score in first team. pinheiro, duff and risp.

berkovic handed in a transfer request, which i agreed to, now he wants to stay, so thats not too bad.

i just cant stop conceding again!

MCFC1993 said:
Damocles: What full backs do you play that are good? And do you have any suggestions?

Plus the MC's that run to the side of the AMC are the runs diagonal to the wings or straight up?

The runs are straight up. I have Djaminha (Left) and Berkovic (Right) there. The key to the whole formation is buying players who fill two roles. For example, it's best if you buy AM/FRC and AM/FLC for those midfield roles, with a strong DMC in the centre. Tiatto plays very well on the left at first though, so don't worry about it straight away. Whitley is excellent in the first season at the middle MC role.

Full back wise, first season I had to make do with Haaland and Pearce. Currently though, I'm playing Dorsin on the left and Colismo on the right.
The key again is having D/DM R instead of just DR.

The best two on the game full back wise are Cafu and Lizarazu, with Dede also being an excellent DL. Julio Arca does well there too. It is a problem position in the first season and getting it right is the difference between first and sixth, it relies on quality players.

You might find yourself having some dodgy away days with this formation, if so switch to a flat 4-4-2 when away from home, to cover the width.

Oh, and as a general rule, play the fittest team physically (and morale wise) that you can. Always praise players, unless they are talking about replacement signings, then admit you strengthen. Sell any unhappy players straight away. Always discipline players who get sent off, but don't go mad with it.

Damocles said:
MCFC1993 said:

The runs are straight up. I have Djaminha (Left) and Berkovic (Right) there. The key to the whole formation is buying players who fill two roles. For example, it's best if you buy AM/FRC and AM/FLC for those midfield roles, with a strong DMC in the centre. Tiatto plays very well on the left at first though, so don't worry about it straight away. Whitley is excellent in the first season at the middle MC role.

Full back wise, first season I had to make do with Haaland and Pearce. Currently though, I'm playing Dorsin on the left and Colismo on the right.
The key again is having D/DM R instead of just DR.

The best two on the game full back wise are Cafu and Lizarazu, with Dede also being an excellent DL. Julio Arca does well there too. It is a problem position in the first season and getting it right is the difference between first and sixth, it relies on quality players.

You might find yourself having some dodgy away days with this formation, if so switch to a flat 4-4-2 when away from home, to cover the width.

Oh, and as a general rule, play the fittest team physically (and morale wise) that you can. Always praise players, unless they are talking about replacement signings, then admit you strengthen. Sell any unhappy players straight away. Always discipline players who get sent off, but don't go mad with it.

Thanks some good tips there, just about to start my first game of the season. I'll post 10 games in and let you know hows i'm getting on.

What Strikers would anyone recommend before I start the season? Or can I get by on Wanchope and Goater. I have 7.5million.

MCFC1993 said:
What Strikers would anyone recommend before I start the season? Or can I get by on Wanchope and Goater. I have 7.5million.

You can get Davor Suker on a free, and the fans will love you for it. To Madeira is banging them in for me, and you can get him for just over £300k. And there's a 15yr old called Matthew Blinkhorn who is immense, and will keep improving, so sign him up now!

signed: mike duff, jamie forrester, taribo west, kim kallstrom, matt blinkhorn

Playing Damocles' tactic and he is a legend, in the league cup 3rd round and top of the league, played 10 won 8 drawn 2. Whitley and Wanchope are awesome and are both top of the goalscoring charts.

I signed a Bearus Striker from Spartak Moscow called Roman Vasilyuk he can't stop scoring. He is valued at something like 1.8 Million but you have to go over the odds for him, i paid 5m but its a snip as he is immense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.