Cock of the school!

The cock of my school :-S, well, we merged with another school in about the third year (that tramp Dabz's school actually ;-)) so back then it seemed the obvious thing to do was for them both to have a scrap, oddly, they got on really well so it was never really 'confirmed'.
One was the brother of Jack Barton (those who were familiar with the hooligans of the 70's etc will no doubt remember his name) and a lad who I'll refer to from his nickname (as he was a big blue and may well be on here) 'Baggy'.
He had a physique like an 'action man' even then, but Baggy was a nice lad, in fact I wondered whether all the fuss I'd heard about him was true as he'd often just let lads in our year give him grief and he'd just sit there and do nothing, then, one day a gang of older lads from our 'rival' school came and paid a visit and started leathering a couple of lads from our year outside in someones front garden, cue Baggy hurdling the school fence, the garden bushes and laying out 3 of them in about 10 seconds, the rest scarpered.

In the short time it took, I realised then, that he never reacted to the people in our years comments because they were just insignificant to him and no threat whatsoever.

Last I heard of him he was working the doors somewhere but for me given the choice, it was 'Baggy' every day of the week.

I was at Burnage Grammar in the sixties and the main man was Dick Patching,absolutely shit myself whenever I saw him.Ended up rooming with him on a school trip to Spain and he turned out to be a really top bloke,totally insecure and painfully introvert.Became really good mates and dead handy when any danger threatened.

dobingsdobber said:
I was at Burnage Grammar in the sixties and the main man was Dick Patching,absolutely shit myself whenever I saw him.Ended up rooming with him on a school trip to Spain and he turned out to be a really top bloke,totally insecure and painfully introvert.Became really good mates and dead handy when any danger threatened.

I wonder how much his name contributed to him being tough ? It does sound more like an occupation lol.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Brings back a bad memory this. When I was about 10 I had to change schools. On my first day in the new school, a lad (the cock of the school) was going around asking all the lads "did they want a fight"? Every lad said no because they knew they'd get tuned in. When he got to me, like a twat I said yes. After school had finished everyone had gathered on the field to watch because the word had got round that "Mark and the new kid are having a scrap". I was actually beating the **** until he (like a girl) grabbed my hair with both hands and dragged me around the field.
Maybe you shouldn't have had such long girly hair?

Dirty Harry said:
dobingsdobber said:

I wonder how much his name contributed to him being tough ? It does sound more like an occupation lol.
Got it in one mate,that was our theory as well

dobingsdobber said:
Dirty Harry said:
dobingsdobber said:

Got it in one mate,that was our theory as well

I think your theory has good grounds mate, I've seen this phenomenon quite often, like Dick above but moreso with lads who look quite feminine or soft, people think they are an easy target and as such they end up getting into scraps quite often with bullies and bigger lads, in the end many of them actually end up being pretty good fighters although it's something pretty much forced upon them.

SWP's back said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
Brings back a bad memory this. When I was about 10 I had to change schools. On my first day in the new school, a lad (the cock of the school) was going around asking all the lads "did they want a fight"? Every lad said no because they knew they'd get tuned in. When he got to me, like a twat I said yes. After school had finished everyone had gathered on the field to watch because the word had got round that "Mark and the new kid are having a scrap". I was actually beating the **** until he (like a girl) grabbed my hair with both hands and dragged me around the field.
Maybe you shouldn't have had such long girly hair?
It was the late 70's mate, everyone did.

I went to a state grammar school for boys.

The concept of 'cock of the school' simply didn't exist.

Fights were very nearly non-existent. There were 2 I knew about in my 7 years there.

There were a few boys who strutted about the place looking hard but if you ignored them they caused no trouble.

urmston said:
I went to a state grammar school for boys.

The concept of 'cock of the school' simply didn't exist. We settled our differences with a reet good bum. If that couldn't solve it, we sometimes (as a last resort) got down a few levels and had a pillow fight in the school gym.

Fights were very nearly non-existent. There were 2 I knew about in my 7 years there.

There were a few boys who strutted about the place looking hard but if you noshed them off they caused no trouble.

;0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.