Coffee

Single shot americano. Are you just starting on coffee, No espresso based drink should be a single shot, only an espresso itself.
I took my coffee training wheels off many years ago.

I shared a double shot with my missus, and they were only small cups. Just enough for a mid-afternoon top up. I normally do a double shot to myself in the same size cup. If I'm drinking espresso then I'll use a double measure, ristretto.

My top tip for all espresso drinks is to give the espresso a quick swirl within a few seconds of pouring, as it reduces the acidity levels in the crema, and makes for a noticeably less bitter aftertaste.

(Edit: If you like your espresso sweet, try adding a few grains of salt.)

I took my coffee training wheels off many years ago.

I shared a double shot with my missus, and they were only small cups. Just enough for a mid-afternoon top up. I normally do a double shot to myself in the same size cup. If I'm drinking espresso then I'll use a double measure, ristretto.

My top tip for all espresso drinks is to give the espresso a quick swirl within a few seconds of pouring, as it reduces the acidity levels in the crema, and makes for a noticeably less bitter aftertaste.

(Edit: If you like your espresso sweet, try adding a few grains of salt.)
I like to eat a peppercorn then drink my espresso.

If any of you coffee ponces want to try something different.....
In Catalonia they have a 'Tres Facet' basically translated it means 3 faces.
In a glass make a cafe solo or a very strong neat shot of pure coffee ( an espresso ), about the same amount as a shot glass full.
Pour in the same amount of Nestles condensed cream, this will sink to the bottom, then top up slowly with the same amount again of whiskey or cheap Spanish brandy.
Absolute heaven. 2 of those and you could run a marathon.

In a glass make a cafe solo or a very strong neat shot of pure coffee ( an espresso ), about the same amount as a shot glass full.
Another drink to add to the list of drinks I need to try.

Pour in the same amount of Nestles condensed cream, this will sink to the bottom, then top up slowly with the same amount again of whiskey or cheap Spanish brandy.
Absolute heaven. 2 of those and you could run a marathon.

Used to have those at the bars when visiting my aunt near Alicante

I make them at home occasionally. One espresso shot, carnation condensed cream (they do a squeeze tube of it over here) and a shot of brandy or whisky.

I have a decent bean to cup at the moment, but really fancy picking up a sage barista at some point. Always regret not getting one months ago when I saw one for £300.

I’ve no idea if I have any local ones. Is there a website with locals?

next time in a coffee shop, keep an eye out for the North / North Wales Coffee Guide, independent roasteries are in the back. Fair chance the book will be close to their beans for sale.

We’ve been drinking Roost house blend from Malton, North York’s of late. Good coffee and value £19 a kilo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.