Coldplay or Radiohead?

Almost 7 years on since I asked the question@dannyboy29 "musical stats / achievements". Bollocks to that nonsense, Coldplay may play more melodic pop tunes but Radiohead are in a different league as musicians.

Bump!

Having good musicians doesn't necessarily make the best bands though. Look at the Beatles/Oasis ect. I could get you 5 sessions musicians who would wipe the floor with the guys from Radiohead in terms of musical talent but would that make them a better band? I would say no. For me you have to look at the full package;

Radiohead v Coldplay (In my opinion)

Live performance - Coldplay
Songs -Coldplay
appeal to mass market - Coldplay
sound - Coldplay
worldwide size of band - Coldplay
sales - Coldplay
Number ones - Coldplay
Quirky - Radiohead

Im not saying Radiohead are a poor band, far from it. However, to call Coldplay wank when then out do Radiohead in every aspect of Musical success is a tad unfair.

Having good musicians doesn't necessarily make the best bands though. Look at the Beatles/Oasis ect. I could get you 5 sessions musicians who would wipe the floor with the guys from Radiohead in terms of musical talent but would that make them a better band? I would say no. For me you have to look at the full package;

Songs -Coldplay
sound - Coldplay
sales - Coldplay
Number ones - Coldplay
Quirky - Radiohead

Im not saying Radiohead are a poor band, far from it. However, to call Coldplay wank when then out do Radiohead in every aspect of Musical success is a tad unfair.
I can't stop laughing!

Songs -Coldplay
sound - Coldplay
sales - Coldplay
Number ones - Coldplay

Quirky - Radiohead

Sounds like the rags.

Radiohead is in a different league. Coldplay is a good band but they rode on the luck of being popular because of social media. Radiohead existed pre-MTV and Creep is as legendary to many bands after them as how Beastie Boys Sabotage is for bands and rappers after them.

If Coldplay debuted in the mid 90s, I would put Coldplay in the same breath as Spacehogs but won't reach the heights that Radiohead and Oasis had then.

Coldplay is pop music, just like Beaver, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, spice girls etc.
Of course they are more popular, the clue is in the name "pop" music.
Slaughter and the dogs piss all over these bags of shit and nobody outside Manchester has ever heard of them.

Songs -Coldplay
sound - Coldplay
sales - Coldplay
Number ones - Coldplay
Quirky - Radiohead

Oh dear. your dad must be bigger than my old fella was.

Just read what other people think who know a thing or two about music.

Oh dear. your dad must be bigger than my old fella was.

Just read what other people think who know a thing or two about music.

If we are going off opinions then there is no right or wrong answer, if we are going off facts then i stand by my original post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.