Cole Palmer

Is it wrong to wish this young fella all the best except when playing God's own ?

That's how I feel about him to be honest. He wanted to leave because of a lack of game time and there are clubs out there willing to give young players a chance. We got a good fee from him and he's proven he was ready to play consistently at the top level. It's worked out well for all concerned.

Some players will stay and fight for their place and take their time, others will want more opportunities.

Not with the sheer volume that Chelsea have gotten the penalties. Imagine us with a few more.
I have to admit you have a nerve putting us and penalties in the same sentence after that Wednesday game. Or any game after Yaya had retired and before Erling came in. There was a period we positively dreaded any penalty awarded to us.

Still thought he could do a little more in his starts.
That's prob fair comment ,as I didn't see all of those games he played when he returned after injury.i do remember him struggling out on the left, and it's a shame that those last few games are what most City fans have left as a memory of the player ....

Altho the start of this season he showed signs of how Importantt a goal scorer he could be for us..

For me..., I still stand by my prediction.. ( made ,early season) he has the talent to be one of the best players on the planet. That was based upon what I saw at youth team level for City, ( his stats are absolutely top notch ,and I struggle to think of one of our academy players ,over the years ,who could equal them....a question maybe for the academy experts on this forum? )
Just watching his control of the ball,his vision,touch,passing ability
Heading ability in the 6 yard box, willingness to use both feet, a calm head on young shoulders in a mixed up topsy turvy West London outfit..

And..the way he scored his 1st champions league goal for City away from home,nerveless...off the bench.within minutes ,opens his body out to send a 20 yarder into the net with the keeper clutching at fresh air. That's real talent.

Early days, but the skill of the player is there for all to see.

Look at the way he made Rodri collapse in a heap on Saturday, the best defensive midfield player in the world bar none ,made to look silly after a body swerve and nifty technique,takes Palmer drifting away with the ball in centre mid. That's real talent,imo.and he has done that to quite a few premier league centre mids this season.it wasn't a one off.

The issue now is consistency. Has he got it ?

I as a blue, hope he goes all the way to the top, for it all reflects very well on our youth set up....and I understand he destroyed man utd youth teams at every level ,over the years,playing for us,which shows,imo a dedicated professional outlook...destroying your boyhood favourites.

Looking at things strictly from the players point of view...when you know your a brilliant footballer and you 've sat on a bench for City as an unused sub 67 times......of course you are going to look further afield.

A young ,brillant ,footballers life can ..be very short.

Ask Paul Lake...

That's prob fair comment ,as I didn't see all of those games he played when he returned after injury.i do remember him struggling out on the left, and it's a shame that those last few games are what most City fans have left as a memory of the player ....

Altho the start of this season he showed signs of how Importantt a goal scorer he could be for us..

For me..., I still stand by my prediction.. ( made ,early season) he has the talent to be one of the best players on the planet. That was based upon what I saw at youth team level for City, ( his stats are absolutely top notch ,and I struggle to think of one of our academy players ,over the years ,who could equal them....a question maybe for the academy experts on this forum? )
Just watching his control of the ball,his vision,touch,passing ability
Heading ability in the 6 yard box, willingness to use both feet, a calm head on young shoulders in a mixed up topsy turvy West London outfit..

And..the way he scored his 1st champions league goal for City away from home,nerveless...off the bench.within minutes ,opens his body out to send a 20 yarder into the net with the keeper clutching at fresh air. That's real talent.

Early days, but the skill of the player is there for all to see.

Look at the way he made Rodri collapse in a heap on Saturday, the best defensive midfield player in the world bar none ,made to look silly after a body swerve and nifty technique,takes Palmer drifting away with the ball in centre mid. That's real talent,imo.and he has done that to quite a few premier league centre mids this season.it wasn't a one off.

The issue now is consistency. Has he got it ?

I as a blue, hope he goes all the way to the top, for it all reflects very well on our youth set up....and I understand he destroyed man utd youth teams at every level ,over the years,playing for us,which shows,imo a dedicated professional outlook...destroying your boyhood favourites.

Looking at things strictly from the players point of view...when you know your a brilliant footballer and you 've sat on a bench for City as an unused sub 67 times......of course you are going to look further afield.

A young ,brillant ,footballers life can ..be very short.

Ask Paul Lake...
I don't think he is better than Phil Foden although he isn't miles behind him in development; and at the minute he is showing signs of Jadon Sancho's earlier glimpses of promise (and currently without the attitude). I agree it is down to consistency but also it depends on who is charge at Chelsea on whether he can go any further. Give Pochettino his due he has gotten something out of Palmer but they can still do better than him

Poccachino put faith in him early doors, he didnt start well and bagged most from the pen spot. There's a lot of overpriced big headed dead weights at chelsea. Cucu' one of them. Out played last night, they fall into a mid table team. Better than scum mind.good luck Cole, great season for them.

I don't but I don't get the the hype either. I don't care if I am being baited either. He didn't do himself justice when at City is the issue.

He didn't get a run of games like he has at mid table Chelsea, it's just circumstance not ability in this case. Both ends of the argument are equally wrong and right imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.