Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

Stunned.
Thank you, Colin.
You illuminated my youth.
You seemed like a god to me, as I watched you stride around the pitch.
Thank you.

Well played Colin. You had a life we could only dream of, and you were an ultimate gent to go with it.

As sad as today is, celebrate his life.

I hope we beat the rags tomorrow and are able to sing Colin the king at Wembley in April.

I remember now (sorry my memory is shit), the time when I saw him in the Coop in HB I went up to him and said “it is the King isn’t it?” and he looked puzzled, and I said Colin Bell, City’s greatest ever player? at which he confirmed he was Colin Bell but that he definitely wasn’t City’s greatest ever player. I just shook his hand and said thanks for everything, and I left the shop without buying anything.
Similar. When I was lucky enough to meet him I said we could do with someone like him in midfield. Bearing in.mind that this was after the takeover and we had a few half decent players again. His response was simply that we could do with a left back.
Many tears shed tonight. RIP King Colin.

Joe Mercer didn’t rate him enough to sign him it was Big Mal who persuaded him Joe soon changed his mind and admitted he was wrong My old man said that Doherty was better, like you say he must have been some player
Walked back with The Old Man (who was always banging on about Peter Doherty to me) down Lloyd Street after we drew at home to Bury when Harry Dowd equalised to get us a point (Harry broke his finger and Matt Gray went in goal). The Old Man said at one point ‘That lad who scored for them looks a good ‘un..’

Little did we know that one year later..

Dreadful news. It's my first ever and probably last post on this site.I'm a red scouser and probably not wanted on here, but I just wanted to send my deepest sincere condolences to the family and you the fans. I had the privilege of seeingColin play at our place on a few occasions and he was one in a million. Always wished that he'd been one of ours. And from the interviews I've seen, he was a lovely gentle unassuming man. Rest in peace great fella. YNWA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.