Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

RIP Colin Bell a magnificent player for City,thoughts are with his family at this time,let’s win this semi final now for him.

I am a little young to remember him as a player as born in 71 but I do recall the buzz for his comeback game, you could feel something in the air even though I was too young to go. My Dad went and needless to say was emotional.
Fortunate enough to meet him in the last few years and what a lovely, lovely man.

God Bless, you Colin. X

i saw him make his debut. I was there when that twat Buchan crippled him and when he came back against Newcastle. The thing about Colin (other than other City greats] i'm convinced he would easily get in the current City side. Pep would love his work rate and intelligence, and decency off the pitch.....I would add that i think overall he was a better finisher than KDB. I only spoke to him once when i went to Bell-Waldron Restaurant and i made some gibberish comment about my admiration. he just said ''thanks mate, but just lucky and a bit of hard work thats all'' Don't imagine many of todays players would display such genuine humility.
Colin could have played in any era I’m sure that Pep would have built the team around him. Image him gliding along on the pitches of today? He never reached his peak Big Mal said he could have played into his forties moving back into defence We would have won more trophies with him certainly beat Liverpool to the title when we finished 2nd

Amidst this sad news it’s wonderful to read so many great memories of the King and what he has meant to people for so long. And seeing other clubs fans coming on here too to say the same.

At a time when many people are struggling to connect to the game at the moment for obvious reasons, we can’t attend, it’s uplifting to be reminded just how much the club and Colin Bell has impacted on people’s lives.

Like many I’m far too young to have seen him play and I’m always in awe of the way people talk about his footballing abilities and stature in his day.

Rest easy Colin

Met him just the once at a supporters club meeting when we were in the 3rd tier. Some complete numbnuts actually asked him how the current (1999) side would have compared to the side he played in. While the rest of the room exploded into laughter and jeering at said muppet, the king managed a wry smile and said “I think we’d have given them a game”.
A genuine class act both on and off the pitch.
RIP King Colin, you will never be forgotten.

A tiny piece of comfort for me is that he knew how much he was loved by City fans. I understand he was a very humble man but at least he knew how many people he inspired and gave happiness to. My sincere condolences go to Colin's family. The tributes on here have been beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.