Colin Hendry

Colossal defender and not a bad forward too. My son played football against him recently he says he’s still got it

Taking him off when we were leading the rags 3-1, ending up 3-3 & hanging on was one of the worst substitutions. Always riled me and still does to this day.

I am going to take away 30 years of pain - it never happened, Peter Reid went off for Ian Beightwell

FFS Mahrez ;)

I'd convinced myself that Reid came ON for Hendry.

Ha,you really got it wrong :-).

Talking about memories, I was only 14 and just started going to the games with my mates, moving to the kippax,rather than with my dad.

That was one of the few games I missed that year as City limited ticket sales to members with number 0-11,000 and I was something like 11,200. As a kid I was utterly devastated.

Last edited:
shocking decision from Reid that. Coton in goal, them 2 at centre half, white and quinn still young and improving. Clive Allen being benched was also a clusterfuck of a decision to then play Heath!
Depends how you look at things.
Heath was a work horse,which is what kendall wanted up front...each of his 1st eleven that won the league for Everton was a determined team player.every single one of them.
I liked Clive allen,a lot.but he was never a Kendall type player ...sensational goal scorer (50 in one season iirc) but never won the title.
Kendall did.as a manager and as a player.
Sometimes,you have to accept..that a manager who has been there and done it..knows more about Football than the average fan...me included.

Hendry and Curle would have been a great partnership that could have served us for years.

A major fuck up by reid in a few changesnhe madenthat turned a team finishin 5th twice into a team droping down the table

A defence of coton, hill, hendry, culre and disa would have been one of the best around that time

Ried fucking about getting rid of hendry and sidelining redmond and constantly switching RB around with hill, bobby and david brighwell in 93 and the fast but less effective defensively Phelan

Will always love hendry for post derby comment when asked if he wished the rags well in some european game and he flatly said no

Last edited:
Taking him off when we were leading the rags 3-1, ending up 3-3 & hanging on was one of the worst substitutions. Always riled me and still does to this day.

is that the games that the rag fans were throwing toffees on the pitch Taking the piss out of us? Always seem to remember this event but can’t place game/year as it could have been dippers or lids game in that era - or I could of just imagined it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.