Colin Shindler

I didn't realise that Colin Schindler ruined so many lives,I've never read the book,or really gone to investigate it,although back in the day it was all the rage when it came out.

I've obviously missed something here,probably by not being interested in the first place,but i'm intrigued now as to why so many think he's a cock ?

If anyone would care to indulge me, I'd be interested

I think most people - I know I am - are pissed off with Schindler because he said that he’d rather have the crap City of the pre-HRH era than the successful one of the last nine years.

I think most people - I know I am - are pissed off with Schindler because he said that he’d rather have the crap City of the pre-HRH era than the successful one of the last nine years.

See that's what I mean,I never knew he had said that,that's how relevant he has ever been to me,and I'm 48 now

I think he fucking succeeded!

The same Michael Oliver, who ignored a rugby tackle on Rodri in the Spurs' penalty area and gave a free-kick against Bernardo when a Tottenham player jumped into him.

Is he a latter-day Clattenbent?

Do not forget when as the fourth official he whispered in the refs ear to send Walker off, for standing his ground , v Everton. A most amazing decision.

People like Conn and Schindler going on about money are talking through their hats. All the big clubs, at some stage have lifted themselves up via massive (sorry!) financing. And it isn't anything new. Liverpool, for example, were funded at the outset by a rich Tory landowner who found himself with a stadium but no team when Everton left Anfield. This story is repeated again and again throughout the history of big time football.
I, therefore, slightly distrust the motives of these people. Can Schindler, hand on heart, say his despising of our owners (his words) has nothing to do with the fact they are arabs and he is a major historian of Israel? Conn, too, has talked about his "jewish soul".
I put it no higher than attributing an influence on some of their views to their upbringing and natural affiliations. I certainly don't suggest racist motives but they talk as though City are uniquely immoral, tainted by money. Well, football is tainted in that it is now big business and the days of jumpers for goalposts are long gone. There is no excuse for Schindler saying we bought the title in 2012. Had he not noticed that, from about 1990 onwards, United spent about twice as much in real terms as we did?

People like Conn and Schindler going on about money are talking through their hats. All the big clubs, at some stage have lifted themselves up via massive (sorry!) financing. And it isn't anything new. Liverpool, for example, were funded at the outset by a rich Tory landowner who found himself with a stadium but no team when Everton left Anfield. This story is repeated again and again throughout the history of big time football.
I, therefore, slightly distrust the motives of these people. Can Schindler, hand on heart, say his despising of our owners (his words) has nothing to do with the fact they are arabs and he is a major historian of Israel? Conn, too, has talked about his "jewish soul".
I put it no higher than attributing an influence on some of their views to their upbringing and natural affiliations. I certainly don't suggest racist motives but they talk as though City are uniquely immoral, tainted by money. Well, football is tainted in that it is now big business and the days of jumpers for goalposts are long gone. There is no excuse for Schindler saying we bought the title in 2012. Had he not noticed that, from about 1990 onwards, United spent about twice as much in real terms as we did?

Great post. Very eloquently put.

Yep!

The only City "supporter", who wishes we still had Pearce as our manager.
Or something like that.
Yes let's get back to this, our last 8 home league matches in the 2006/07 season.
  • 20/01/07 - City 0 v Blackburn 3
  • 03/02/07 - City 0 v Reading 2
  • 03/03/07 - City 0 v Wigan 1
  • 14/03/07 - City 0 v Chelsea 1
  • 06/04/07 - City 0 v Charlton 0
  • 14/04/07 - City 0 v Liverpool 0
  • 28/04/07 - City 0 v Villa 2
  • 05/05/07 - City 0 v Scum 1

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.