Colin Shindler

People like Conn and Schindler going on about money are talking through their hats. All the big clubs, at some stage have lifted themselves up via massive (sorry!) financing. And it isn't anything new. Liverpool, for example, were funded at the outset by a rich Tory landowner who found himself with a stadium but no team when Everton left Anfield. This story is repeated again and again throughout the history of big time football.
I, therefore, slightly distrust the motives of these people. Can Schindler, hand on heart, say his despising of our owners (his words) has nothing to do with the fact they are arabs and he is a major historian of Israel? Conn, too, has talked about his "jewish soul".
I put it no higher than attributing an influence on some of their views to their upbringing and natural affiliations. I certainly don't suggest racist motives but they talk as though City are uniquely immoral, tainted by money. Well, football is tainted in that it is now big business and the days of jumpers for goalposts are long gone. There is no excuse for Schindler saying we bought the title in 2012. Had he not noticed that, from about 1990 onwards, United spent about twice as much in real terms as we did?
I am reposting this just to put in context my remarks below.
I remember soon after the takeover a radio proramme (R5?) in which Schindler and David Bernstein discussed the takeover. Bernstein made a very strange remark. He said "City are being taken over by mysterious men from the East." What could he have meant by that? AbuDhabi and the UAE as a whole were hardly a mystery; they had been extremely active in outward investment all over the world, in real estate, agricultural land, and services. Indeed, in the same edition of The Times in which the takeover was analyzed in detail, there was a major spread on AbuDhabi's investment in agricultural land and a story that they were negotiating to buy or lease a tract in Khazakstan which was the size of Wales. They were a British ally, with a close military/arms relationship to us. Not mysterious at all. Bernstein also criticized the takeover on the grounds that the shareholders had received poor value. Well, that would be for them to judge and refuse the offer.
Just sayin'.

I remember soon after the takeover a radio proramme (R5?) in which Schindler and David Bernstein discussed the takeover. Bernstein made a very strange remark. He said "City are being taken over by mysterious men from the East." What could he have meant by that? AbuDhabi and the UAE as a whole were hardly a mystery; they had been extremely active in outward investment all over the world, in real estate, agricultural land, and services. Indeed, in the same edition of The Times in which the takeover was analyzed in detail, there was a major spread on AbuDhabi's investment in agricultural land and a story that they were negotiating to buy or lease a tract in Khazakstan which was the size of Wales. They were a British ally, with a close military/arms relationship to us. Not mysterious at all. Bernstein also criticized the takeover on the grounds that the shareholders had received poor value. Well, that would be for them to judge and refuse the offer.
Just sayin'.

Sour grapes from David?

Though I very much doubt it.

Just sayin'.
Frank Shina-drain-pipe bought the shares from shareholders not Abu Dhabi

Schindler is a snake. An opportunist, whose instinctive reaction was to attack his football club. Shit supporter!

Not sure it was racially motivated on his behalf, however. Think it’s more a reflection of his nostalgia for a moment in time that has passed and will never return.

The nostalgia being United winning trophy after trophy while City were a laughing stock on the pitch? Something that pissed Shindler off so much that he wrote a book about it.

Then all of a sudden there’s a huge upturn in our fortunes and he doesn’t like that either.

Make your fucking mind up Colin!

The nostalgia being United winning trophy after trophy while City were a laughing stock on the pitch? Something that pissed Shindler off so much that he wrote a book about it.

Then all of a sudden there’s a huge upturn in our fortunes and he doesn’t like that either.

Make your fucking mind up Colin!
schindler is the type of londoncentric twat who loves to wow people at dinner parties with his grim tales of his upbringing in the north ? Supporting a crap football team was just an extension of this and no doubt was good for a few laughs !! I bought his book when it came out and quite enjoyed it , but then he turned into a sniping bitter with frequent rag like appearances in the media . Does anyone actually know what he has done ( apart from directing that awful buster film with phil Collins ) to justify his celebrity status ?

Just picked up his book on Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison from a charity shop. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good? I know he’s not a respected figure on here but wondered if he might cover this period in our history accurately and fairly :-)

Just picked up his book on Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison from a charity shop. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good? I know he’s not a respected figure on here but wondered if he might cover this period in our history accurately and fairly :-)

I was hoping this was an RIP bump.

In all seriousness I’m never reading anything from this clown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.