Cologne, Germany

Cologne is a great city. Been there for a few Euro aways (Schalke, Dortmund, Monchengladbach). Sadly my recollections are too hazy to give you any pertinent advice, but from what I can recall I had a fucking great time. Hope this helps.

totally agree. spend most of my holidays in there or austria. recently travelled from innsbruck to munich on train, some of the scenery and places en route were amazing. off berlin, leipzig and dresden in just over a week. the beer is so much better than here and hotels, public transport make it a great place to visit.
For me, it’s the best ran country in the world. Been over a dozen times and every visit has been fucking brilliant.

Been to Germany on business a number of times. As they were business trips I was not at the touristy areas. I called in a few pubs and always found the locals go out of their way to make you welcome. Great place and great people.

Fantastic city. Dusseldorf is one of my faves though. Though Berlin paled in comparison to both but i have a feeling that was because of a badly organised stag do. I defo want to see more of Germany, great place.

Went for our game a few years back, its just a tiny little village with nothing to do. Easy to see why most stay in Cologne or Dussledorf

Ok. I want to go to the German Football Museum so it’s Dortmund for that. Perhaps I’ll stay in Düsseldorf or Cologne and have a day trip.

Cologne is a great city, some great bars in the old town.
Try haxenhaus by the river if pork knuckle stuffed with black pudding is your thing. There's koln triangle just over the hohenzollern bridge which has a observation deck on the top floor to see out over the city.(only €4/5). Like mentioned Ludwig museum is excellent. It has a good picasso section. The rhine cruises are a good way to spend a hour, takes you down past the kranhaus buildings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.