Colonoscopy

I had one on friday, the actual procedure is nothing really, just go to sleep for an hour, wake up and its done, however you have to eat this low fibre diet for 3 days then take these laxatives the day before, then friday morning, because I was being 'done' at 10 am I had to get up a 4 am and drink a litre of sickly fucking horrible slimy liquid, then spend the next 3 hours running into the bog.

Can there be anything else where the prep is worse than the actual procedure ?

And.....isnt getting older a bastard ?
But its better than the alternative :)

been there done that. not good is it :)

all is well though.

Three times, not an issue, cold turkey, a couple of

Donald-Trump3-e1438812636470.jpg
Donald-Trump3-e1438812636470.jpg
's
then a hour later, out for a nice meal !!

Had it done a few times due to my diverticulitis - got meeting with surgeon on 16th November to discuss how much of colon or bowel I need removed

I had one on friday, the actual procedure is nothing really, just go to sleep for an hour, wake up and its done, however you have to eat this low fibre diet for 3 days then take these laxatives the day before, then friday morning, because I was being 'done' at 10 am I had to get up a 4 am and drink a litre of sickly fucking horrible slimy liquid, then spend the next 3 hours running into the bog.

Can there be anything else where the prep is worse than the actual procedure ?

And.....isnt getting older a bastard ?
But its better than the alternative :)

The drink was the worst part of the whole thing I thought. Fucking vile stuff. Compared with downing that having a whole BBC outside broadcast unit invading your chuff is easy by comparison.

Last October I was admitted into hospital with suspected kidney stones ended up having a 7 hour emergency op to have a tumour removed the size of a melon!!
Turned out to be bowel cancer stage 3 given 50/50 chance to make the next 5 years. Had no symptoms blood in poo weight loss etc. The chemo knocked me about had every side affect going. Nearly upto a year now just had camera up dick bum and down throat everything clear up to now. Must admit camera up bum was worse kept feeling like I was shitting myself. Met a few people in a local cancer support group and a mate of mine caught his cancer early due to the poo sample test for over 60's. I am 52 so had no such test but if you are in any doubt get yourself checked out before it is too late. Thanks to my kidney stones (two times now) I stand a chance any longer undetected and it was game over!!
Christ mate I’m glad you’re doing ok. Must have been absolutely horrific getting that sprung on you without warning. Best of luck xx

Christ mate I’m glad you’re doing ok. Must have been absolutely horrific getting that sprung on you without warning. Best of luck xx
Thanks Bob.
Yes things are good at the moment and lets hope it stays that way. Live life to the full as if everyday is your last!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.