Combined Manchester XI

lionheart

Loving the Combined XI selected by Rob Pollard in the MEN today:

De Gea, Sagna, Kompany, Stones, Shaw, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Pogba, De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva

Mine would be: Bravo, Zaba, Kompany, Stones, Clichy, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero because there's only one team in Manchester and they play in blue.

I am assuming for this exercise it is because the rags have Manchester in their name otherwise to include them it should be a Greater Manchester X1 A true Manchester X1 would surely be made up from our squad? ;-)

De Gea, Zab, Kompany, Stones, Shaw, Pogba, Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero.

I'd have three of theirs and wouldn't be remotely tempted by any others, without bias/hatred.

I wouldn't take any of them, honestly. De Gea because he doesn't fit Pep's system, Shaw because he's coming back from the leg-break, and Pogba because as good as he is, I feel a rush of gratitude that I'm not a United fan every time I see him do that awful dabbing thing.

Everywhere else we have better players. Ibrahimovic is maybe on par with Aguero but only for a year longer at best. Blind better than Otamendi or Stones? Pull the other one. Valencia is nothing too special. Nobody's heard of Herrera. Fellaini is a dickhead, and United may be fine with that but City have a bit more class. Rooney is inconsistent at the best of times, Mkhitaryan needs time to 'get used to the Premier League' (bullshit- Nolito managed it just fine), Martial goes missing more often than not. I still laugh out loud when someone suggests that Rashford is better than Iheanacho.

More to the point, we have much more quality outside of our starting XI than they do outside their. Lingard is far too old to be considered promising anymore and now he's just average. They didn't want Juanazaj. Smalling seems to have crumbled. Mata is famously not liked by Mourinho. Schweinsteigger and Schneiderlin are both underused.

A

Anyone who has Gundogan in there team is a goon - he hasn't even played yet.

So let's say we had signed Messi in the summer but he was still awaiting his debut because he had been injured, would it be goonish to select him in a combined XI?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.