come on who will be in their local this weekend

It will be nothing like it was before. Me and the missus are booked into a local pub for lunch on Saturday. They are only taking table bookings and table service only. Be difficult to have any sort of session with table service. A lot of places will go down the App Order route to save on queues. Friday & Saturday nights wont be the same for at least 12-18 months.

Had a few Friday nights in town getting takeaway drinks and standing outside. Cannot tell you how satisfying it's been to have a pint of draught beer. As the weathers been decent there's been quite a lot of people about without it being "busy".

Popped my head in the Crown and Kettle on Friday and I don't think they'll be opening fully as in the guys words "we've been given 10 days to completely restructure our business" - there will be loads of places like that.

I would look at it as 10 days to save my business. Changes the mood and should motivate.

Nah. I’m leaving it till it settles down. Will be full of pissheads on Saturday. Don’t know why they didn’t have Monday as the first day to give pubs a chance to get their shit together while there’s less people about.

I would look at it as 10 days to save my business. Changes the mood and should motivate.

I sell equipment to the hospitality industry for my job - we've seen a spike in enquiries in the past 3 weeks building up to 4th July (to the point where I've been brought off furlough, but from tomorrow moving to "flexible furlough") and it's already starting to drop off quickly, this Leicester news won't be doing much for the mood of business owners across the country.

A lot of existing business' will have agreements with landlords that they won't have to pay rent until they are open, and if you're a bar with no seating space/a small outdoor section for smoking then you're not going to open until the distancing completely gone. Think people have it in their head that Saturday will be some end of the war street party but in central Manchester I don't think it'll be too different to what it's been like for the past couple of weeks. Thomas Street in NQ has been pedestrianised which is good news (if you live round here) but doesn't look like Tib/Oldham Street have had similar measures put in place yet to cope with outdoor drinking.

I'm sure the locals in the suburbs will be better if they have big out door areas.

I sell equipment to the hospitality industry for my job - we've seen a spike in enquiries in the past 3 weeks building up to 4th July (to the point where I've been brought off furlough, but from tomorrow moving to "flexible furlough") and it's already starting to drop off quickly, this Leicester news won't be doing much for the mood of business owners across the country.

A lot of existing business' will have agreements with landlords that they won't have to pay rent until they are open, and if you're a bar with no seating space/a small outdoor section for smoking then you're not going to open until the distancing completely gone. Think people have it in their head that Saturday will be some end of the war street party but in central Manchester I don't think it'll be too different to what it's been like for the past couple of weeks. Thomas Street in NQ has been pedestrianised which is good news (if you live round here) but doesn't look like Tib/Oldham Street have had similar measures put in place yet to cope with outdoor drinking.

I'm sure the locals in the suburbs will be better if they have big out door areas.

A massive issue will he fixed costs and less customers. How do you make it viable when you can't sell enough to cover costs? This is going to be a period of many business failures as the Gov removes support but the market hasnt returned to make it sustainable. There has to be a transitionary fund to enable businesses to open and survive reduced takings.

Without this we are heading over a cliff.

A massive issue will he fixed costs and less customers. How do you make it viable when you can't sell enough to cover costs? This is going to be a period of many business failures as the Gov removes support but the market hasnt returned to make it sustainable. There has to be a transitionary fund to enable businesses to open and survive reduced takings.

Without this we are heading over a cliff.

Well with furlough being reduced to 60% from August/Gov expecting business' to contribute from then a lot of business' are going to have to try and be brave and have faith in the Great British public (which sounds like something that fucking cheesestring in a suit would say) to turn out and buy their products or there is probably going to be a lot of redundancies.

Well with furlough being reduced to 60% from August/Gov expecting business' to contribute from then a lot of business' are going to have to try and be brave and have faith in the Great British public (which sounds like something that fucking cheesestring in a suit would say) to turn out and buy their products or there is probably going to be a lot of redundancies.

Turnover will be down as much as 40%, maybe more, so reducing support by the same amount is fucking asking for it. The Tories are supposed to be the party of business. I know, dont laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.