Comedy Genius.

Robin_Williams_Happy_Feet_premiere.jpg

The fella that plays Mrs Brown off of Mrs Brown's Boys
Miranda
Amy Schumer
Michael McIntyre
Chuck Lorre (Creator and Lead Writer of The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men)
Judd Apatow (Only his standup)

Only the best for me.

The fella that plays Mrs Brown off of Mrs Brown's Boys
Miranda
Amy Schumer
Michael McIntyre
Chuck Lorre (Creator and Lead Writer of The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men)
Judd Apatow (Only his standup)

Only the best for me.
You missed out Citizen Khan.

The are quite a few of them one of which must be Rowan Atkinson.
He's made heaps of brilliant stuff of course....Black Adder etc.
I got belly ache remembering this.
His delivery and facial expressions are superb.

Name your favourites..

I like RA but this is a poor mans Blackadder sketch, nowhere the same level..

Ronnie Barker is my favourite. It's hard to judge if someone is a comedy genius because what criteria do you use? Could you really leave out someone like David Jason he didn't write Only Fools and Horses but he made Del what he became?

No one could replace this man satiracally.

He'd be on a watchlist with his comedy if he was alive during Covid and brexit. Because behind his comedy was a very subversive message.

A legend.
I pinched a BASF C90 out of the Amstrad of Derek and Clive and would listen to it at night with my headphones on at bedtime most nights. One where his school master took him for a "Dickie Back Ride" all round the study and the "You should fucking label things skit. I'd have been around 13 yrs old at the time. Any idea what the exact album was called with those two on it? I'd love to listen to it again to see how it's aged or if it was just the rudeness that i found so amusing.

Not everyone’s cuppa, but I’ve yet to find something Ricky Gervais has done that I haven’t liked.

Monty Python sketches were of their time, but their films have stood the test of time...Life of Brian being one of my favorites ever. Cleese was brilliant, if broad, in Fawlty Towers. Amazing to think there were barely a handful of episodes.

Rowan Atkinson should have been knighted already. He is a British treasure, and his free speech campaign is absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: mat
Some absolute crackers on here. P.G Wodehouse absolutely brilliant!

Not sure if I saw Woody Allen, awkward, but he’s made me laugh so many times over the years. Also, Steve Coogan, but of an oddball but a comic genius IMO.

Over the years I’ve seen Dave Allen, Victoria Wood, Rick Mayall and Dane Edna live all very, very funny. And Don’t forget the great John Shuttleworth and Frank Sidebottom!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.