Comic books or graphic novels

Not into superhero or sci fi stuff but I did read Watchmen years ago at a mate’s insistence and enjoyed it, same with Love and Rockets and The Road to Perdition, might explore the field further this year
Recently finished a re-read of The Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Fantastic! I own the Absolute editions which are magnificent. A re-read was in order as I'd picked up The Sandman Companion book which helps spotting the bits I'd missed as I wasn't too clued up on DC's worlds.

Also love Alan Moore's stuff: V for Vendetta & Watchmen (don't bother with the Before Watchmen though as that's pretty poor in comparison).

Preacher by Garth Ennis was a riot too! So much better than the TV show. Not to be read if you're easily offended though.
I've got loads but they are mostly horror/movie tie in like stuff.
Longsight m 13 - Watchmen is great, I read it December 2019. Ultimate cut of movie is good too. Road to perdition is a good movie.

J rock blues- Preacher and the boys are great by Ennis indeed. I've still to read sandman actually, v is great, moore is a genius. If you like watchmen doomsday clock is the sequel but I've yet to read it.

Everything changes but blue - What horror stuff mate?

Longsight m 13 - Watchmen is great, I read it December 2019. Ultimate cut of movie is good too. Road to perdition is a good movie.

J rock blues- Preacher and the boys are great by Ennis indeed. I've still to read sandman actually, v is great, moore is a genius. If you like watchmen doomsday clock is the sequel but I've yet to read it.

Everything changes but blue - What horror stuff mate?
Mostly spin off horror titles like Hellraiser, Halloween, Elm Street, Friday 13th. Aliens, Predator, Robocop. Nightbreed. The Fly. Chainsaw Massacre. Re-animator. Clive Barker, Stephen King, stuff like that

Mostly spin off horror titles like Hellraiser, Halloween, Elm Street, Friday 13th. Aliens, Predator, Robocop. Nightbreed. The Fly. Chainsaw Massacre. Re-animator. Clive Barker, Stephen King, stuff like that
Ah right, sounds great mate. I thought you meant stuff like American vampire, walking dead, revival, locke and key etc

In Stretford precient Saturday. Nice comic shop near specsavers
Lots of choice
Good to see something different in shop type

Some of the artwork and graphics were worthy of the purchase alone. We appear to have now not so much as regressed, than really progressed in the comic book genre although their are many modern works still worthy of our interest.
DC or Marvel spring to the mindset so fuck off Desperate Dan et Keyhole Kate as you're not fit to grace the sharpened nibbules of Baz smith or of any of their ilk mentioned in dispatches.

NQbkPUR.jpg

ZTLFKgw.jpg

SAdkNE9.jpg

nfrXTVK.jpg

The Silver Surfer: The Ultimate Cosmic Experience may not have been the first Graphic Novel but it was the first from Marvel stable and what a first it was. In the immortal words of norrin radd...

Let my board and me again become as one! For I must leave this place of madness!

VKCixav.jpg

Norrin Radd, a restless inhabitant of a utopian planet. When his race was threatened by the all-consuming Galactus Norrin Radd saved the day by offering to aid the menace in his endless quest for the worlds to devour. In sacrificing himself twice, once for his own people, and again for humanity, The Silver Surfer took on Christ-like qualities. The selflessness that made him so admired has finally been rewarded, and today he remains free to soar among the stars.
If that was your cab I would definitely have tipped double.

In no particular order

Frank Millar: Daredevil Man without Fear
X-Men God loves man Kills.
V for Vendetta and Watchman. The former in particular is incredible, an far better than the shite Amercianised movie it was based on.
Judge Dredd: Judge death series.
Maus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.