Coming Home

None taken I'm just used to living here it's no better or worse than most places, Wilmslow has no good boozers are you sure ? And trust me I spend a fair bit of time in them, can think of 15 off the top of my head, Shirley one would suit ? short way to Mobberley with some great pubs, also some good restaurants in both, I'm as happy in the Grove or Bollington both better for pubs.
I can only think of about 4 in wilmslow, the one near the roundabout that does Spanish tapas, the hydes one the coach and four, one that used to be Wetherspoons and shut down and is now some weird place, and can't think of the other one, I think Cheadle and knutsford are better for boozers and restaurants

I can only think of about 4 in wilmslow, the one near the roundabout that does Spanish tapas, the hydes one the coach and four, one that used to be Wetherspoons and shut down and is now some weird place, and can't think of the other one, I think Cheadle and knutsford are better for boozers and restaurants
The one by the roundabout is the king Billy the landlord is a blue and does pie and chips and has the football on, ex spoons is now a microbrewery anthology next door across the road is what was the rectory, up the road you've got revolution, Grove street unicolounge, the old dancer, kanokac and the Legion, up the road the coach, Kings Arms, rifleman, farmers, carter's and the jockey and that's without thinking. Not even going to count the restaurants.

The one by the roundabout is the king Billy the landlord is a blue and does pie and chips and has the football on, ex spoons is now a microbrewery anthology next door across the road is what was the rectory, up the road you've got revolution, Grove street unicolounge, the old dancer, kanokac and the Legion, up the road the coach, Kings Arms, rifleman, farmers, carter's and the jockey and that's without thinking. Not even going to count the restaurants.
Revolution is the one I was thinking of, legion wouldn't count as a boozer, did used to play footy for them many years ago though, the rest to be fair never heard of, but I am not that well versed on wilmslow as genuinely don't like the place, but you have lived there so clearly know it better than me, a mate of mine has a shop there, Norton Barry

Actually remember the kings arms, used to have chill bananna? And didn't they used to have a parrot in there?

Actually remember the kings arms, used to have chill bananna? And didn't they used to have a parrot in there?
Yes also owned by Blue spent some time in a hospital bed next to him a few years back, like I say it's just like any other town I.e no fucking real shops few good pubs and a few good restaurants, it's always been a base , more because I'm used to it than anything else. Spent a big proportion of my life working in Cumbria, give me the one horse town with one good boozer any day.try C.A.U just near your mates shop, good steaks.

Yes also owned by Blue spent some time in a hospital bed next to him a few years back, like I say it's just like any other town I.e no fucking real shops few good pubs and a few good restaurants, it's always been a base , more because I'm used to it than anything else. Spent a big proportion of my life working in Cumbria, give me the one horse town with one good boozer any day.try C.A.U just near your mates shop, good steaks.
Will give it a try mate

I am visiting Manchester for 12 days starting next Friday ......staying at a pub in Cheadle called the Governors for the first 6 nights then the Citi Suites behind Manchester Cathedral for the last 6 nights ......isn't that where Pep was staying for a short time ?

Also apparently Manchester has a lot of breweries popping up, I have been told to try the Cloudwater brewery behind Piccadilly train station....any other good ones and decent pubs .....will be trying the Marble Arch for sure .....

Piccadilly Tap just out of station is your first port of call.

Do ATM's in UK have a maximum amount that can be withdrawn in one day .......trying to work out best way to exchange money for my trip I leave in 2 days but its a minefield.....some places online say use ATM's some say go to Marks And Spencers, some say Post Office ...... they all said to change money in UK and not in USA before I leave as its better to do so in UK ...less charges

£250 from an ATM - Usually set by your own Bank.
There are websites that will give you the best deals on FX. They tend to be the small independents that do the best rates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.