Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
Some will say me starting the post-match thread is just an excuse to (again) share this photo taken of my son—who will be three in two weeks—inadvertently recreating the infamous young Haaland photo whilst watching the match today.

And they would be right.

dlOeHfs.jpg

As far as the match is concerned, I think we actually did fairly well, all things considered. I thought the players put in a good shift, and despite understandably not being the sharpest or the most cohesive due to lack of fitness and playing time together for many, we still gave them a good game.

For me, our youngsters were our best players, and Bobb and Lewis were the best players on the pitch, overall.

I personally don’t have any real concerns from the match given we were missing some of the best players in the world in their positions. If anything, I think Pep will be annoyed we won it (there’s a part of me that thinks Pep likes losing the Community Shield as it renews the hunger in players that rarely lose (and hate doing it) and gives him something to bollock the players about before the start of the season). ;-)

Was still great to see the reanimated decaying corpse of Johnny Evans losing it for the Rags, and Akanji scoring the winning penalty, though!

City has me singing the blues…

Last edited:
Our academy lads played far better than our established senior players. I know better than to overreact one way or the other, but it’s concerning that Ederson, Gvardiol, Akanji, and Haaland all looked so far off it. I hope selling Alvarez isn’t a mistake because he would have absolutely come on today, given Haaland looked like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world.

Kova and Doku were all right but could have been better.

A special shoutout to Lewis. I don’t think he put a foot wrong during the entire match. Bobb was great, too, albeit faded in the second half until his brilliant turn and assist.

There is a lot to work on this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.