Compensation advice needed

01cravend

Right so a few years ago I was randomly attacked whilst walking home from a night out, suffered brain injuries, will never smell again, cost me a year of uni etc. Went to crown court 4 months ago, and he was ordered to pay me £12,000 in compensation(£500 x 24). He paid 3 months of it and the next one was due around the 10th so I rang today to find out that he now only has to pay me £10 every 2 weeks, so i will have been fully compensated for it in 40+ years.

What can I do?

Mrs Ewing's just read me a report of some guy who got battered by some geezer without a history of violence. The thug got a suspended jail sentence, £250 costs (a piece paper costs that when the lawyers are about) and was ordered to pay £500 compensation. If it wasn't so serious for the people involved it would be laughable. Five hundred fuckin' quid compensation! The guy'll have that in his back pocket! The victim was thumped 20 times about his head - that's £25 for each thump! Risible, fuckin' risible!

save it and have the fucker done over.
Sorry to hear of your situation, but shit like this needs wiping off the streets.

Citizens advice maybe ? or isnt there some companys where you can get free advice for half an hour solicitors or something ....

Surely you should be getting compensation from the criminal injuries board or something and not directly from the attacker ?

Thats what i would have thought anyway

In what world did the judge think the sort of scum that did this would be likely to reliably make the equivalent of two years payments on a 100k mortgage! The guy should be doing time and the op compensated by victims compensation scheme.

Right so a few years ago I was randomly attacked whilst walking home from a night out, suffered brain injuries, will never smell again, cost me a year of uni etc. Went to crown court 4 months ago, and he was ordered to pay me £12,000 in compensation(£500 x 24). He paid 3 months of it and the next one was due around the 10th so I rang today to find out that he now only has to pay me £10 every 2 weeks, so i will have been fully compensated for it in 40+ years.

What can I do?

Legal advice is whats needed here... think you can apply for an order to be lodged against his assets if he has any but really you need to speak to a solicitor.

What can I do?
If it as you describe - "..he now only has to pay me..." It sounds like he's been granted that by the courts.
Not sure you can do anything about it in that case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.