Complacency again

cibaman said:
We've taken a calculated risk in giving the WC players the extra week off. That risk increased with Negredo and Aguero's fitness problems and the delay in signing Mangala.

If we get off to a bad start then people will accuse the club of complacency, repeating the mistakes of 2012 etc. But it is only the start of a very long season, hopefully including a longer CL campaign. Cant really judge whether the risk has been justified for several months.

And if we do beat Newcastle and Liverpool it will be a huge blow to our competitors

Hopefully it is a risk that will pay off in the long run.

We could do with stumbling through the first 3 games and coming out the other side with 7 points. If we do that then the risk was worth it as the players will all be back and up and running by the 4th games.

If we get less than 5 then it will have backfired especially with Arsenal away to come.

I actually like the look of their squad this year. I think they will be thereabouts again

birchwoodgingerste said:
Marvin said:
First 10 minutes at Wembley reminded me of 2012/13

Started the game like we didn't care whilst Arsenal were well up for it

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

Newcastle will fancy their chances now, and so they should.

You live and learn lets hope pellers learns that if you play 442 v 451 against decent teams you will get overrun in midfield which happened today.

he already knew that v bayern at home last season

I think the Champion's hangover is still there and I'm afraid it's gonna be a repeat of 2012/13 season. A part from Kolarov and Jovetic, the rest are still sitting on their cloud.

bluefoever said:
I think the Champion's hangover is still there and I'm afraid it's gonna be a repeat of 2012/13 season. A part from Kolarov and Jovetic, the rest are still sitting on their cloud.
thats that then...

soon as i seen team sheets yesterday i knew we wernt gona take it seriously, but i rather keep the wc guys back until last minute tbh, though the risk is they miss the playing time.
we will know sunday afternoon i guess

bluefoever said:

Thats not strictly true. Silva was as ever lively and consistent, Fernando & Zuculini are new signings so Champions hangover doesn't apply to them.

Yaya, Nasri and to some extent Dzeko, yes, but Nasri can be down to playing v Arsenal, whereas Yaya and Dzeko have what like 60-90 mins in pre-season games?

bluechampion7891 said:
bluefoever said:

Thats not strictly true. Silva was as ever lively and consistent, Fernando & Zuculini are new signings so Champions hangover doesn't apply to them.

Yaya, Nasri and to some extent Dzeko, yes, but Nasri can be down to playing v Arsenal, whereas Yaya and Dzeko have what like 60-90 mins in pre-season games?
i think to be fair nas couldnt overcome to boo boys, he was lively always looking for the ball, though didnt do much with it. edin was non-existent imo

welsh_andy said:
bluechampion7891 said:
bluefoever said:

i think to be fair nas couldnt overcome to boo boys, he was lively always looking for the ball, though didnt do much with it. edin was non-existent imo
As a team the whole lot of them started on the back-foot at a game in front of over 70k at Wembley. There are no excuses. They worked harder until they scored. That's mentality. if you have players out, then collectively you work harder to cover for the absences

There's always an issue for the Champions over motivation the next season which is why it's so hard for a title winning team to defend their title (they are by definition the best). Why does it happen so rarely? Their hunger has been satisfied and they are still relaxing and enjoying success.

You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Marvin said:
First 10 minutes at Wembley reminded me of 2012/13

Started the game like we didn't care whilst Arsenal were well up for it

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

Newcastle will fancy their chances now, and so they should.

Why do you think we were "a little unlucky".?...............Saw our team and I did not expect to win. Overrun in midfield - sorry for those that went.
Same attitude as against Wigan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.