Complacency again

Marvin said:
First 10 minutes at Wembley reminded me of 2012/13

Started the game like we didn't care whilst Arsenal were well up for it

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

Newcastle will fancy their chances now, and so they should.

This game will have little impact on Newcastle's mind set Marvin.

They will fancy their chances against us at their place and would do so even if we had thumped Arsenal 3-0 with a largely second string side.

Our back four against Arsenal was all at sea especially for the first half and given little support from midfield it was not surprising we went into half time 2-0 down.

Again this game will be more about what we do and how we are switched on above the shoulders.

I am not a believer of past games as having a big bearing on what happens in future clashes especially when personnel change off season as both our squads have.

If we don't play with passion and commitment and do what we know we can do of course we can come unstuck despite our second to none record at St James Park.

pantalon violet again said:
Theres a lot of fear in City supporters at the moment
Fear of failure
Fear of ridicule
Fear of facing their mates and standing up for themselves
Fear of defeat
Fear of banter
Fear of success
An immature fan base who needs to settle down and realise we can't be champions every year.
Having a suckle on success's nipple now and again has turned our infantile select into flapping begging needy children
Spoilt, stomping feet johnnys who need to take a long had look in the mirror and ask themselves do they really " support" the club and team or do they only want success despite other teams amazingly trying to win also ?

Like a child who screams for its dinner, you either feed them or make them eat when the rest of the family does .

Sort it out blues ..you're becoming RAG ified and that makes you a c**t of the highest order

Points well made but as for your last line I think that's a rash generalisation to some degree.

In saying that when we are outplayed like we were for large parts of yesterday and are beaten well on the scoreline we have to admit that the other side wanted it more and deserved the victory and basically leave it at that.

For me its about leadership.. Who were the leaders on the pitch yesterday for City.. Apart from Kolarov I don't think we had any. The team we put out at Wembley needed a strong leader, someone to bollock lazy players like Toure and Nasri who are slow to track back,someone to shout at Edin to pull the lead out. Instead we just put together a group of clearly talented players who had no one on the pitch to look to for instruction ,inspiration, when the opposition tore the managers experimental strategy apart.
Vinnie is our main Leader but given his injury suspension record who can we look to lead the team in his absence.???

I'm taking the rest of the day off work

There's got to be something wrong if I actually enjoy reading one of PV's posts for once

Mister Appointment said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Clowns is far too polite.

In some respects our support is the opposite of other big clubs. We actually seemingly actively talk down everyone at and associated with our club.

Newcastle will fancy their chances? Just fuck off.

Newcastle will fancy their chances. They give us a hard game at their place last year and will probably still have a sense of grievance over that disallowed goal. And they know they're playing us at a good time for them. Tough game.

pantalon violet again said:
Theres a lot of fear in City supporters at the moment
Fear of failure
Fear of ridicule
Fear of facing their mates and standing up for themselves
Fear of defeat
Fear of banter
Fear of success
An immature fan base who needs to settle down and realise we can't be champions every year.
Having a suckle on success's nipple now and again has turned our infantile select into flapping begging needy children
Spoilt, stomping feet johnnys who need to take a long had look in the mirror and ask themselves do they really " support" the club and team or do they only want success despite other teams amazingly trying to win also ?

Like a child who screams for its dinner, you either feed them or make them eat when the rest of the family does .

Sort it out blues ..you're becoming RAG ified and that makes you a c**t of the highest order

That just what I said....... Well almost.. !!!!!

cibaman said:
Mister Appointment said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Clowns is far too polite.

In some respects our support is the opposite of other big clubs. We actually seemingly actively talk down everyone at and associated with our club.

Newcastle will fancy their chances? Just fuck off.

Newcastle will fancy their chances. They give us a hard game at their place last year and will probably still have a sense of grievance over that disallowed goal. And they know they're playing us at a good time for them. Tough game.

There are no easy games in the premiership , we have to be switched on and outplay , outsmart and want it more than the barcodes stopping at nothing short of getting those three precious points.

If we are 5 per cent off our game we can come unstuck.

I feel annoyed for the fans who shelled out big for a reserve game, but it's exactly that: Reserves.

Pellegrini started a very depleted side, our second choice keeper (debatable)
4th & 5th choice centre backs, right back was a left back,
Wrong midfield set up for Arsenal's formation and first team strength
Jovetic seemed to play more in the hole, was he there for pre-season?

Arsenal a week a head with training, CL next week against a potential banana skin and a bigger need to grab some silver ware.

The last title defence was pretty bad, but the things went down between Mancini/Marwood made it far from ideal in terms of strengthening the squad, only fresh evidence we are looking to move out nearly all of the player signed in that window, and they are mostly deadwoods.
(Garcia, Sinclair, Rodwell, Nastasic)

Now this transfer window seems lot better (and not more expensive), lot of quality players came with lot of experience. Mentality of the squad is really important, hope Pelle handles them very well.

Damanino said:
The last title defence was pretty bad, but the things went down between Mancini/Marwood made it far from ideal in terms of strengthening the squad, only fresh evidence we are looking to move out nearly all of the player signed in that window, and they are mostly deadwoods.
(Garcia, Sinclair, Rodwell, Nastasic)

Now this transfer window seems lot better (and not more expensive), lot of quality players came with lot of experience. Mentality of the squad is really important, hope Pelle handles them very well.
Yeah, but we won the Charity Sheild that year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.