Complacency

Can’t see us signing anyone and if we do it must be a centre back.

At the end of the season I’d be looking at changing the following;

Bravo - Not good enough
Otamendi - past his best
Angelino - Not good enough
Zinchenko - if we can get a good fee for him I would sell him. I just can’t see him getting into our midfield and his left back talents are limited. I accept not everyone will agree on this one.
Silva - leaving

Stones in last chance saloon too.

We should also plan for the possibility of Sane going and maybe Fernandinho.

We should spend big in the summer regardless with Aguero only having one more season. A new striker needs to bed in. Jesus can play on the left if needed and I think we have enough without replacing Sane if he goes.

Key signings should be a CB, LB and Striker With Foden and Garcia stepping up a bit. Maybe a midfield player too if Fern also decides to go.

Could cost a fair few quid in the summer to get in what we need.

Can’t see us signing anyone and if we do it must be a centre back.

At the end of the season I’d be looking at changing the following;

Bravo - Not good enough
Otamendi - past his best
Angelino - Not good enough
Zinchenko - if we can get a good fee for him I would sell him. I just can’t see him getting into our midfield and his left back talents are limited. I accept not everyone will agree on this one.
Silva - leaving

Stones in last chance saloon too.

We should also plan for the possibility of Sane going and maybe Fernandinho.

We should spend big in the summer regardless with Aguero only having one more season. A new striker needs to bed in. Jesus can play on the left if needed and I think we have enough without replacing Sane if he goes.

Key signings should be a CB, LB and Striker With Foden and Garcia stepping up a bit. Maybe a midfield player too if Fern also decides to go.

Could cost a fair few quid in the summer to get in what we need.

I would be interested to know why you think Zinchenco would be the one leaving not Mendy as he is the better at defending and has more intelligence when going forward he also makes less mistakes is less injury prone and i think on less wages?
As for Stones thought he was pretty good in his last game and we can not move him this season so what was your point in saying last chance saloon?

I would be interested to know why you think Zinchenco would be the one leaving not Mendy as he is the better at defending and has more intelligence when going forward he also makes less mistakes is less injury prone and i think on less wages?
As for Stones thought he was pretty good in his last game and we can not move him this season so what was your point in saying last chance saloon?
The odd concentration lapse aside, Mendy is by far the best City LB at defending. He also offers physicality that neither Zinchenko or Angelino can offer. Zinchenko however is great when we want to keep position with the LB as a playmaker inverted LB. There's definitely a reason Mendy's started almost every game now that all three's fit.

For me he (Stones) is too inconsistent which Pep has alluded to. He needs to be good in 90% of the games he plays.

I just find Zinchenko a bit limited. He hasn’t played well this season in the games he has started and he is a midfielder. I doubt he want to play as a makeshift left back all his life.

I can’t see many clubs lining up to sign Mendy with his injury record.

The odd concentration lapse aside, Mendy is by far the best City LB at defending. He also offers physicality that neither Zinchenko or Angelino can offer. Zinchenko however is great when we want to keep position with the LB as a playmaker inverted LB. There's definitely a reason Mendy's started almost every game now that all three's fit.
Thanks for that it was a genuine question, call it a different but important view point . personally i thought Mendy getting game time was about seeing if he could get his form back as we know Zinchenco`s game does not involve pace

For me he (Stones) is too inconsistent which Pep has alluded to. He needs to be good in 90% of the games he plays.

I just find Zinchenko a bit limited. He hasn’t played well this season in the games he has started and he is a midfielder. I doubt he want to play as a makeshift left back all his life.

I can’t see many clubs lining up to sign Mendy with his injury record.
And for me Stones is only inconsistent when coming back from injury, which admittedly he has had too many of, and the reason why who ever we buy at CB must be able to play left and right but that is natural evolving
I will say we have to be very careful with Stones at the moment he is the best English player in his position and the media is using this web site as fuel to oust him for Gomez

Our squad is very well planned out. Our administration aren't fools, succession planning is continuous and done years in the making.

End of this season Bravo, Dave, and Otters should go - that's three 30+ year olds off the books. Bravo replacement won't be hard, Foden's already here for Dave, leaving with hopefully recruiting a young high quality CB. Garcia will step up into the 4th CB position. We may need to sell one of two LBs and bring a better one in - all three should command a decent fee. If Leroy goes his fee should comfortably cover a replacement.

Next season will be Kun and likely Dinho gone - another two 30+ year olds off the books. These two will be the hardest to replace and cost a big chunk of money, as we're not getting anything for letting them go.

After that, the next batch is Gundogan, De Bruyne, Walker, and Mahrez. They'll all be phased out systematically, with Gundog likely first and KDB last.

Pretty plain and laid out tbh, with room to account for mistakes or when things go wrong.

Thanks for that it was a genuine question, call it a different but important view point . personally i thought Mendy getting game time was about seeing if he could get his form back as we know Zinchenco`s game does not involve pace
I think one of the more important reasons for "sticking" with Mendy is the investment that we made. Also, when we bought him he was in the top 3 left backs in the world at the time. Given a good few run of games recently and I must say he's impressing me more and more and hopefully on his way to being the world beater we know he can be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.