Computer help please re: Laptops

MelbourneBlue

Have been given a laptop for free as the previous owner got a new one for work. The problem is that the dvd drive does not work. Put a disk in, you can hear it whirring but then nothing. Cleaned the laser bit.
One thing i noticed is that when you go into "my computer" there is no drive listed, just local disk c and my documents. I would have thought it should have its own drive listed.
I have no manuals or disk for it. It is a compaq presario v4000.
Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

MelbourneBlue said:
Have been given a laptop for free as the previous owner got a new one for work. The problem is that the dvd drive does not work. Put a disk in, you can hear it whirring but then nothing. Cleaned the laser bit.
One thing i noticed is that when you go into "my computer" there is no drive listed, just local disk c and my documents. I would have thought it should have its own drive listed.
I have no manuals or disk for it. It is a compaq presario v4000.
Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

From what you've said it soundslike you'll need to re-install the driver for it. If your not that good with computers i'd recomend just taking it into a shop to have it looked at. Remember it doesnt cost you to ask them thier opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.