computer trouble

lazerblue

has anyone got any idea how to remove bing from my laptop on windows 10, its just taken over from google by itself and I'm plagued with pop ups and virus warnings and pages that wont close, its doin my fookin head in

Bing is a search engine by Microsoft and can be accessed by it's own website or via an addon in your browser. Which browser are you using? However I doubt its bing that's the issue
I'd suspect you have some virus possibly redirecting your browser. Have you installed anything lately or visited some dodgy website.

Bing is a search engine by Microsoft and can be accessed by it's own website or via an addon in your browser. Which browser are you using? However I doubt its bing that's the issue
I'd suspect you have some virus possibly redirecting your browser. Have you installed anything lately or visited some dodgy website.
it started after i installed kodi last week, ive deleted kodi but that didnt help

Go to customise and control google when you have fired up Chrome (3 dots in the top right corner.)Then... more tools, extensions, settings, manage Search Engines and delete Bing.

it doesnt show up in the control panel
That wont work mate. I had the same thing on this laptop a few years ago with a virus called Volderon or something like that, that was made to look like the google home page but wasnt. I had tried downloading a book reader, and obviously got some nasty instead. That and being an utter techno twat. There was nothing for it other than a full Steve Austin. Gave it to a an IT whizz who did a rebuild.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.