Conference League Final | Roma v Feyenoord

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
We've all got our flaws I suppose, but it must be strange when your club appoints him. You know you're maybe going to make it to a final and perhaps have a shot at a cup, but you know you're going to have to endure the most eye-numbing football. Appointing him was once the hallmark of being a big club, but now it's practically an admission that you are Tier 2-3.
Agreed, it's an awful style and he simply hasn't evolved as a manager the past decade. In the end he did far more harm than good at Chelsea (part 2), United, and Spurs, and that latter two should have known better.

We've all got our flaws I suppose, but it must be strange when your club appoints him. You know you're maybe going to make it to a final and perhaps have a shot at a cup, but you know you're going to have to endure the most eye-numbing football. Appointing him was once the hallmark of being a big club, but now it's practically an admission that you are Tier 2-3.
Tuchel has taken his mantle

Agreed, it's an awful style and he simply hasn't evolved as a manager the past decade. In the end he did far more harm than good at Chelsea (part 2), United, and Spurs, and that latter two should have known better.
Indeed they should. I know Spurs fans that were cock-a-hoop when he was appointed, even though they knew it was the death knell for any semblance of attractive football. Deep down, I think they knew it was an unsuitable match, yet they so desperately craved silverware that they were prepared to sacrifice their principles and accept his pragmatism. We're rather spoiled in that regard so struggle to empathize.

I traditionally prefer Roma to Lazio in terms of football in Rome, but I'd much prefer to watch a Sarri team than a Mourinho team.

In some regards, it's arguably even worse with Tuchel because he has an abundance of talent at Chelsea and should be capable of producing much more attractive football.
He couldn’t do that with Mbappe and Neymar

He is the most successful rag manager post baconface. The problem with the rags is their unrealistic expectations and poor recruitment strategy, if they had persisted with either LVG or JM for longer they would have probably won more trophies.

Spurs last won a trophy in the same year as Roma (2008).I'd be pretty confident of betting that it will be another 14 years, they will sack Conte before he has a chance to win a cup.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.