Confirmed: Ferran Torres signs 5 year contract

For those worried about that Torres interview, remember the context:

Valencia told him they didn't rate him last summer and tried to get rid, despite him being the best player in the u19 Euros. Then he breaks into the starting XI and suddenly they want to renew his contract. (This is all in the interview.)

So by demanding to either become one of their highest earners or the captain (Parejo is apparently on his way out anyway so this isn't as controversial as it looks), he's making them essentially guarantee he'll be the main man or he's out of there.

Seems reasonable to me.

Reactions: CC1
That interview makes him come across as a bitter dickhead that thinks a bit too highly of himself.

I don't think so.

He came back from the u21 Euros and they told him he was a nobody and 5th choice winger and he should accept their attempts to flog him off.

Then he played a few games and showed how good he was, and then they tried to re-sign him long term. In return he asked to shown he was important to them now, and would be a big part of the rebuild Valencia are going through. He gave them 3 ways to show it - 1)Have Lim speak to him like he does the other senior players, 2) Make him part of the leadership group or 3) Pay him.

They did none of them, so they've lost Spains best u21 player for peanuts.

I don't think so.

He came back from the u21 Euros and they told him he was a nobody and 5th choice winger and he should accept their attempts to flog him off.

Then he played a few games and showed how good he was, and then they tried to re-sign him long term. In return he asked to shown he was important to them now, and would be a big part of the rebuild Valencia are going through. He gave them 3 ways to show it - 1)Have Lim speak to him like he does the other senior players, 2) Make him part of the leadership group or 3) Pay him.

See any other team and they'd have added this background info.

I don't think so.

And even if he is a bit arrogant, so fucking what? I see posts on here all the time claiming our mentality is poor, we need a bit of arrogance, we need a bastard on the team. Now one of our players defends himself in an interview and they're a dickhead. Make your minds up!

We wouldn't have signed him if he was a prick. End of.

All these folk thinking he’ll go to live in their area. Sorry but Eccles and especially Winton would be the best place for him! We’ve also got some good pitch and putt venues, better than Bruntwood Park. Heald Green? Nahhh not good enough. Eccles will take care of him lads and lassies. :-)
Eccles? Isn’t that where all the flies go in winter?

Just to be clear, we want our players to be confident right? I don't understand this obsession with only signing nice guys, you need variety in the dressing room, and yes, including some who are a bit arrogant. Maybe we should sign a few more like that so we don't have to watch heads go down after giving up the first goal in a big tie for the millionth time.

Last edited:
Nolito comes to mind.
And even if he is a bit arrogant, so fucking what? I see posts on here all the time claiming our mentality is poor, we need a bit of arrogance, we need a bastard on the team. Now one of our players defends himself in an interview and they're a dickhead. Make your minds up!

We wouldn't have signed him if he was a prick. End of.
it's ok being arrogant if you can cut the mustard out on the pitch otherwise you just upset the apple cart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.