Confirmed: Ferran Torres signs 5 year contract

Hopefully the strong Spanish members of the squad help him settle, I know he's played with both Eric & cancelo, then the likes of rodri, laporte, Bernard can also help

Ferran Torres celebrated his fifth birthday in February this year.

Would this make him City's youngest ever senior signing?

Sadly, I fear that his footballing career will be over before his thirtieth birthday.

But in the meantime I hope he enjoys his prime years at CITY!

Welcome, Ferran!!!

Ferran Torres celebrated his fifth birthday in February this year.

Would this make him City's youngest ever senior signing?

Sadly, I fear that his footballing career will be over before his thirtieth birthday.

But in the meantime I hope he enjoys his prime years at CITY!

Welcome, Ferran!!!
It's going to be annoying after a while when it's brought up by commentary every game haha.

In his interview with Marca (it's here in Spanish), he goes into a lot of detail about what happened behind the scenes:
  • He says that when he returned from the U19 Euros last summer, Valencia put him on the market and offered him to loads of different clubs. They're a mess and have changed a lot of their execs this season - their former execs wanted to bench him and buy reinforcements in his position.
  • Then when their current director of football Cesar came in, they wanted to renew his contract and his agent asked that they meet at least two of these three conditions: make him captain like other young academy players in La Liga i.e. Oyarzabal, get the owner Peter Lim involved in the discussions to prove that they actually care, and put him amongst the highest earners at the club.
  • Valencia refused to meet a single one of these conditions and started leaking bad stories to him about the press, saying he caused issues in the dressing room, ignored offers to renew, etc.
  • Says the City deal came about recently and quickly, he turned down other big clubs, and that Pep spoke to him and calmed his nerves.
  • Overall, there's a lot of talk about how it wasn't necessarily his wish to leave and that he would've been open to a renewal down to the last minute (although Valencia fans on Twitter don't seem to believe that).
  • He does also say that he's always dreamt of a big move, so my reading of the situation is that he was always going to leave eventually, but the situation (which has angered Valencia fans who wanted him to at least sign a new deal with a lower, more realistic release clause or something) is what he regrets.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.