Confirmed: Ferran Torres signs 5 year contract

Nolito comes to mind.

it's ok being arrogant if you can cut the mustard out on the pitch otherwise you just upset the apple cart.
Nolito wasn't a prick. He made one comment about his daughter not settling in Manchester and joked about her looking pale. I joke about Manchester all the time ffs, doesn't mean I hate the place.

Just to be clear, we want our players to be confident right? I don't understand this obsession with only signing nice guys, you need variety in the dressing room, and yes, including some who are a bit arrogant. Maybe we should sign a few more like that so we don't have to watch heads go down after giving up the first goal in a big tie for the millionth time.
Kev waves

Nolito wasn't a prick. He made one comment about his daughter not settling in Manchester and joked about her looking pale. I joke about Manchester all the time ffs, doesn't mean I hate the place.

I thought his complaints about Manchester were funny as fuck. The caveman comment was probably the most Manc thing I've heard from a Spaniard.

That interview makes him come across as a bitter dickhead that thinks a bit too highly of himself.

Nah- I think it illustrates how poorly some clubs are run, they saw him purely to alleviate their finances, wanted him to sign so they could put a real big price tag on him - he wouldn't sign so the gamble failed. We are so lucky to have our owners and manager - Mark my words they will be kicking themselves because Ferran will turn into one hell of a player with us. I also like that he is ambitious, knows what he wants and seems a decent lad. Having seen quite a few Valencia games he is just what we need. To get him at the price we have is a steal - best signing in a long while.

Nah- I think it illustrates how poorly some clubs are run, they saw him purely to alleviate their finances, wanted him to sign so they could put a real big price tag on him - he wouldn't sign so the gamble failed. We are so lucky to have our owners and manager - Mark my words they will be kicking themselves because Ferran will turn into one hell of a player with us. I also like that he is ambitious, knows what he wants and seems a decent lad. Having seen quite a few Valencia games he is just what we need. To get him at the price we have is a steal - best signing in a long while.
I won’t lie, I also think demanding the captaincy, a wage Valencia wouldn’t meet and that Peter Lim himself handled the negotiation make him sound a little big headed. Even if he felt that way I’m surprised City didn’t ask him not to comment on it. At the same time Valencia also sound like amateurs telling him directly that he’s fifth choice and offering him to other Spanish clubs. Doesn’t sound like a clean situation so I’m not going to judge him, I believe he’ll be professional at City and we will in turn look after him, as we do all our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.