Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

Please take the #6 shirt, so KK can have the #4, a Vinny replacement!

Unless, of course, Stones wants to give up #5! HAHA!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Bit expensive, but it’s not my money and we still have 150m left of the Sane money. I reckon he’ll be a great Laporte backup, and he would be a great inverted LB. He can play CB,LB and even DM, so he would be perfect in that «Zinchenko role» IMO, but he actually has a lot of pace, strength and knows how to defend

I've some reservations about buying a defender from a relegated side, but he seems a steady player.
Sorry if it's been mentioned already or if I've got this wrong, but, wasn't Ake injured for a good part of the start of the season? And, didn't Maguire and Robertson get relegated with Hull?

I came across this link by a Chelsea fan who compares Ake to Laporte, Koulibaly, Ramos and another well known defender and he rates Ake highly...

https://allthingschelsea.blog/2020/...BBAB&usg=AOvVaw02w5_1IMgYvGApMJMHvraj&ampcf=1

He will be a great signing for us and in 6 months he will be seen as a bargain, just as Laporte was!

Thanks for this – really interesting read!

About Koulibaly, this doesn’t sound like the best match for City...

Kalidou Koulibaly is a player who is very well-liked amongst Chelsea-fans and many suggest we should go for him as he is the only “world-class” player we can get but is he really world-class? For me, he is the very physically gifted player that never learned how to be wise and kept playing on his physical strengths. His positioning is horrible for a player his age, with his experience, having played in Italy for so long. Highlighted by his huge amount of tackles, fouls made and bookings. His 1v1 ability is poor and he isn’t physically imposing neither on the ground nor in the air. You could almost wonder if the people who want him here has even seen him play any more than a few Champions League games?

No mention of the Ake signing on BBC look North West. I would have thought it was worthy of at least a passing comment in the sports section? Their coverage really is rubbish. I wonder if they would have ignored it if he'd signed for Liverpool or United...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.