Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

City are now fully committed to being the retirement home for Chelsea rejects :)

Joking of course. I've always liked Ake, and I'm genuinely buzzing for him. Interested to see what Pep can do with his talent.

Did you not hope Chelsea would bring him back?

Chelsea’s in a weird situation at CB, Your defence has clearly been an issue this season that needs addressing, you’ve got nobody outstanding at CB but theres probably more urgent need to sort out left back and goalkeeper.

on paper you’re fine, Rudigers good enough to play for a title winning side if not quite at the level of the truly top players, I’ve always thought Christensen is quality but doesn’t really seem to have made his mark and he’s no longer a youngster, his homegrown status is invaluable though. Zouma has a touch of the Mangala about him, can be colossus on his day but could equally or even more likely be a total calamity, and tomori is an adequate 4th choice with decent enough potential.

So Whilst it doesn’t seem to be as much as a priority as other areas for Chelsea you look at Ake and think he could improve Chelsea, if you had a buyback as reported it comes across as a bit odd you wouldn’t at least consider it

Anyone have any idea if we're still planning on releasing interviews with the new signings? I've been waiting for the Torres one and now I'll be waiting for Ake's.

Just not sure if it's been prioritised what with the way things are at the moment.

Hi Nathan! Hoping it's as seamless a transition as can be expected. Prem ready and experienced, strong, not injury prone and good in the air. Could be a decent pairing with Eric. Welcome to the best side in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.