Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

Think Otamendi is certain to go (hopefully)

I think Garcia will be gone (Barca(

If the Newcastle takeover had gone through maybe Stones would have gone there but now I cant see it

Stones Koulibaly, Laporte and Ake is a strong 4 for centre half.

whether it's Stones or Garcia neither Pep or us can complain. You can ask for more but you'll never find it.

No mention of the Ake signing on BBC look North West. I would have thought it was worthy of at least a passing comment in the sports section? Their coverage really is rubbish. I wonder if they would have ignored it if he'd signed for Liverpool or United...
They'd have made a documentary about it.

If we use the Dippers accountant the Sane & Sancho 15% money hasnt been touched yet , weve got at least another £250m left over , but our Net Spend Trophy ambitions will be in tatters. Scouse c*nts can keep it and put it alongside their other mickey mouse trophies, as theyve won f*ck all for 13 years , the Sefton Borough Darts & Dominoes cup is up for grabs soon , Klippety will be all over it.

Think Otamendi is certain to go (hopefully)

I think Garcia will be gone (Barca(

If the Newcastle takeover had gone through maybe Stones would have gone there but now I cant see it

Stones Koulibaly, Laporte and Ake is a strong 4 for centre half.
How and why people think Stones is staying is beyond me.... Pep's clearly lost faith in him and he said they'd have a talk about his future at the end of the season. He even dropped the 'I just want what's best for him' line lmao. His homegrown status is insignificant now that Ake's joined, and a top class RCB will be signed - John won't want to sit on the bench when he's 26, and there's a chance of still salvaging his England career if he can stay fit for someone else and find form. Another Prem club - Arsenal, West Ham, whoever - will surely take him off our hands. As always we won't be too picky when it comes to the transfer fee.

Both will probably go but if either one is going to stay it'll probably be Otamendi, simply because his wages are so high meaning that, like last summer, he'll have trouble finding a club. He probably doesn't care too much about game time at this point in his career, either. But again, I still feel he'll probably go as well, especially if the rumours about Pellegrini wanting him are true.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already or if I've got this wrong, but, wasn't Ake injured for a good part of the start of the season? And, didn't Maguire and Robertson get relegated with Hull?
Robertson and Maguire relegated from PL with Hull in 2017.
Hull and Wigan both relegated in 2015 with Maguire featuring for both of them.
Maguire also relegated from the Championship with Sheffield Utd in 2011.
Cost twice as much as Ake.

How and why people think Stones is staying is beyond me.... Pep's clearly lost faith in him and he said they'd have a talk about his future at the end of the season. He even dropped the 'I just want what's best for him' line lmao. His homegrown status is insignificant now that Ake's joined, and a top class RCB will be signed - John won't want to sit on the bench when he's 26, and there's a chance of still salvaging his England career if he can stay fit for someone else and find form.

Spot on, and my point exactly. This signing is a clear indication that City are planning to move ahead without Stones. I’m not sure what happend to him but he need to find a new challenge elsewhere as we’ll never win a trophy like the UCL with him defending. He’s good against several clubs in the prem but looks insecure as soon as we lose the ball and he actually need to work. He’s not the guy to stop Lewandowski, Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo. He never was. I still believe Stones was a last-minute solution when Laporte back in 2016 had a change of heart at the very last second.

What is purple all about
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.