Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

If Stones could just get his act together we'd be sorted now for many years to come. It doesn't appear to me that Pep really trusts Stones though although perhaps this is down to injury.

Now get Kante.

It’s a pity Stones never made the grade. Never the same again when he picked up a hammy. Up until that moment I believed he would make it. Now I very much doubt it.
To be fair to him, he's never really been given the opportunity. Personally, I think he could still be a great player for us, so should go out on loan to get some game time. But it looks like he's getting sold on the cheap. Someone's going to get a bargain there.

How and why people think Stones is staying is beyond me.... Pep's clearly lost faith in him and he said they'd have a talk about his future at the end of the season. He even dropped the 'I just want what's best for him' line lmao. His homegrown status is insignificant now that Ake's joined, and a top class RCB will be signed - John won't want to sit on the bench when he's 26, and there's a chance of still salvaging his England career if he can stay fit for someone else and find form. Another Prem club - Arsenal, West Ham, whoever - will surely take him off our hands. As always we won't be too picky when it comes to the transfer fee.

Both will probably go but if either one is going to stay it'll probably be Otamendi, simply because his wages are so high meaning that, like last summer, he'll have trouble finding a club. He probably doesn't care too much about game time at this point in his career, either. But again, I still feel he'll probably go as well, especially if the rumours about Pellegrini wanting him are true.

I think the situation with Garcia may change the clubs thinking on Stones. If Garcia goes and we were also to sell Stones, We would then be down to 3 options at centre half (this is obviously presuming we get Koulibaly) - Koulibaly, Ake and Laporte - thats not enough as we saw last year and as much as I love Ferna an thought he did ok at centre half - one long term injury to any of the other 3 and we are straight back to square one like last season.

Of course, Garcia may stay but until he confirms that the club would be crazy to sell Stones

Id actually prefer us to sell Garcia as long termI do not think he is the answer at centre half and if we can get 10-15m for him from Barca now id sell him..he will do better in the Spanish league no doubt. Stones when performing is the better of the two at the moment but I agree that Pep seemed to lose faith in Stones. However there is no reason to think Stones can not get his performances back.

I saw on newsnow that the Mirror are running a story about how Chelsea and United 'snubbed' the chance to sign Ake. That's despite the cringeworthy video of OGS trying to tap up Ake. The bitterness is laughable, but they have to do what they're pay masters tell them I suppose...

Yep, a few outlets now running the bullshit - sorry - story, that United decided to pull out of any deal, they didn't really want him blah blah blah!
How do they have so much power over the media!?!

Very good signing imo. I like every aspect of his game.

One thing I didn't know about him was that he can play defensive midfield. That to me that is a potential problem area for City. I think he'll also be comfortable in a back 3 so his flexibility could really help us.

good age too. Very experienced and should be hungry. Knows the Premier League.

He might develop into an outstanding player for City.

I don’t understand the back up to Laporte arguments.
He’s got more than enough in his locker as you have pointed out.
I can’t see city selling the move to him as a back up and I can’t believe he would come to be a back up.
All the positions you have listed suggest he could be playing alongside or in front of Laporte. And the obvious option of standing in for Laporte.

I think we will turn him into the player van diyk should have been.

Yep, a few outlets now running the bullshit - sorry - story, that United decided to pull out of any deal, they didn't really want him blah blah blah!
How do they have so much power over the media!?!
Yep, same with the Chris Smallthing situation, loan club Roma very keen to sign him but rags refused wanting him back at the swamp, my arse !

Not quite right, Ederson was diving full length on the floor and actually got in the way of Stones clearance. I disagree with your “pick it up” comment.

Ederson was indeed diving to pick up the ball. Would have been save in his hands. And even though Stones saw him diving he choose to try and hoof it away in panic. That’s my view anyway.

A good chunk of money for someone that's unlikely to be a starter. However, I wonder if its so high to avoid Chelsea taking their option up on him. I must admit every time I have seen him he has looked pretty good and having someone with pace the way we play is really important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.