Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

Holland must have the best defence in the world
Now they'll sign Koulibally and Ake will be sidelined as 3rd choice. The fee literally has no significance to City, it's a drop in the ocean for the Sheikh and it's not going to show up on their books anyway..Guaranteed Koulibally will be announced for something fishy like 50m when every other club gets quoted 80-90m

The above is from Sadcaf who else !!
the pub drunk talk gets thrown around like gospel these days.

Apologies if already posted.....

We've been talking about who we think City should sign in this window. I've been saying for a while now that Ake would be my choice. I like the way he reads the play, he doesn't seem to jump in, doesn't go to ground unnecessarily and rarely gets caught face on against the defender. I think he's a good investment.

2020%2f8%2fAkeCityWS.jpg

Aerial success worries me a bit. Otamendi isn't tall either but has a decent success rate.

I have a feeling his passing stats will improve dramatically

Now they'll sign Koulibally and Ake will be sidelined as 3rd choice. The fee literally has no significance to City, it's a drop in the ocean for the Sheikh and it's not going to show up on their books anyway..Guaranteed Koulibally will be announced for something fishy like 50m when every other club gets quoted 80-90m

The above is from Sadcaf who else !!
I love this kind of stuff.
It just shows high much we are getting under their skin to the point that they don’t care how insanely irrational they have become.

South coast blue here & long time lurker. Seen him and said hello a few times when he’s walking his dog near Sandbanks. When I’ve been invited to games at the Vitality thing that stood out was his coolness in possession when playing out of defence, he has time on the ball and good decision making ability. Maybe he’s what we hoped Stonesy would be

Nathan Ake on signing for #ManCity: "I'm happy, very happy to be here. It's a massive step and a great opportunity for me. I'm so happy, and can't wait to get started!"

Nathan Ake: "The talks were completed quite quickly in the end, once I knew there was interest. Obviously I knew the club - I've played against #ManCity a lot of times. I know what they're about, also the manager. It was quite easy after that to be honest."

Nathan Ake: "After having spent around four years at Bournemouth, especially with my age now, I think this is the perfect time for me to make the next step, and to improve even more, learn even more. This is the right place to do it. It's the best feeling ever."

Nathan Ake: "I enjoy having the ball, I can see myself doing that. I've done it for the national team, in a similar way, how they like to have the ball. I think I will learn a lot under him [Pep], and I'm sure he will improve me and that's what I'm looking to do."

Nathan Ake: "The way #ManCity play is known to everybody - it's so nice to watch. It's good to play that way. I've done it with the national team, it's the way they play in Holland too. To be able to do that is amazing for me and that's why I came here, 100%."

Nathan Ake: "I've never drunk. I always said I want to give everything to football, I don't want to regret anything when I quit or say, 'I should've done this, or done that'. I make sure I give everything so I can say I've done my best and can't do any more."

Nathan Ake: "[Pep] was a big factor. When I was younger, I used to watch Barcelona play and the style they played. To be able to play with a manager like that was 100% a big factor - I'm sure he can make me a better player and improve me. It was a big factor."

Nathan Ake: "Over the years, I've played a lot of different positions. It's helped me so far, to be able to read the game from a lot of different positions. He [Pep] knows wherever he needs me, I'm going to give my 100% and try and help the team."

Nathan Ake on
@Laporte
: "Since he's came [to #ManCity], he's done brilliant. The way he's playing with such authority, he's very good on the ball, and defensively he's been superb. So 100% I'm looking foward
[to playing with him] - it's good to be around him."
forward

Nathan Ake on
@aguerosergiokun
: "It's been tough playing against him over the last four years - a top striker, one of the best I've played against. It'll be good to play alongside him. He's smart, the movement he makes, when he gets a chance, it's a goal..."

Nathan Ake: "I was saying to my missus, 'I can't believe what's happening at the moment'. I'm sure it will all settle in quick. Obviously I'm very happy with the engagement, a nice step, and now this step is great. I think everyone is happy for me and my family."

@mancity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.