Confused

KolarovsLeftPeg

In the back garden burning my old Chelsea shirt.
Firstly, what a great day yesterday was, before the match especially, best away I've been to.

It was however, soured a bit by the negative shite being posted on here. Spurs losing made yesterday a game which was fairly irrelevant, we were expected to lose, and if we did the situation didn't change, anything else was a nice bonus.

To get a point at places like Arsenal, sometimes you have to play defensively and try and hit them on the counter-attack, they're a good side, you don't just play as attacking as possible and over-power them, because they pick you apart. Thought it was a good point myself, maybe we coulda' snatched the win, but some of the ungrateful bastards on here make out like we shoulda' gone and played 2-2-6 and gone for the jugular. Leave it out, with us being at home to Spurs, the top 4 race is still very much in our hands.

CTID.

Some of the stuff posted on here I'm not sure whether it's arrogant, irrational, ridiculous or just plain ignorant of the ways of football...

I totally agree with you - yesterday was a great performance and a better than expected result - the amount of people saying we should have 'gone for them' is staggering, and even more so the amount of people who think we should have hammered them.

How many teams have EVER done that at The Emirates since it opened, or Highbury over its last decade?

In the words of Gordon Brown... Get real ;-)

Yesterday was a great point. Our record against arsenal is truly awful and as you say after spurs defeat anything for us yesterday was a bonus. The people moaning need to realise that if we don't get 4th it won't be a draw away at the emirates that cost us but some awful home draws earlier in the season!

OrigamiNinja said:
Yesterday was a great point. Our record against arsenal is truly awful and as you say after spurs defeat anything for us yesterday was a bonus. The people moaning need to realise that if we don't get 4th it won't be a draw away at the emirates that cost us but some awful home draws earlier in the season!

Agreed.

The arrogance of some of our fans has now stretched to 'well beating Arsenal should be easy if we just go for it'
I'll take a point, and like you say if we don't get it, it won't be this game that cost us, it'll be the games we should have easily won.

It's strange, with Yids losing and us gaining a point away at Arsenal I'm relaxed and happy with the result however others are acting like it's the end of the world. Besides we've now got a keeper who can distribute the ball!! ;o)

I think many are saying we should have showed some intent and started with Adebayor ahead of Vieira. It's a finely balanced argument, but I find myself agreeing with them and not the op. I certainly wouldn't suggest that the op is arrogant, irrational, ridiculous, or just plain ignorant though. He's entitled to his opinion as I am to mine.

It was a great point which most would have settled for before the game, it was just an awful game to watch and a dour performance thats all.

hgblue said:
I think many are saying we should have showed some intent and started with Adebayor ahead of Vieira. It's a finely balanced argument, but I find myself agreeing with them and not the op. I certainly wouldn't suggest that the op is arrogant, irrational, ridiculous, or just plain ignorant though. He's entitled to his opinion as I am to mine.
Adebayor had a hamstring strain and was a doubtful starter. This was in the MEN on Friday. And there's more on the official site

Vieira offers us nothing going forwards. We did the best with what was available to us, and overcame 2 significant injury problems

I aint being arrogant here,but lets face it Arsenal are shite.

No Fabregas/Arshavin/Gallas/Vermaalen yesterday means they WERE there for the taking yesterday,no question

Sol Campbell for fuck sake I mean come on,but if your not interested like Tevez wasnt yesterday(or last week for that matter) we were never going to be a threat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.