Confusion about Adam Johnson

black mamba said:
I thought he was poor the other night ...

even during the first 20 minutes , when we 'bossed' the game , he didn't really create anything positive for us , and his final ball failed to reach it's target all too often ...

he's got to be making more of an impression from here on.

I agree, which made his head shaking nonsense even harder to comprehend. What is it with Milner and AJ?

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
black mamba said:
I thought he was poor the other night ...

even during the first 20 minutes , when we 'bossed' the game , he didn't really create anything positive for us , and his final ball failed to reach it's target all too often ...

he's got to be making more of an impression from here on.

I agree, which made his head shaking nonsense even harder to comprehend. What is it with Milner and AJ?

I can understand Milner shaking his head and being pissed. played in a wrong position all season and finally gets a run out in his preferred position cuz team is playing wank. and he gets taken off 5 mins later. I dont think he will be a city player next season.

Johnson played poor but you guys all want him to just beat a man and get a cross in but really alot of the time its only Tevez or balotelli in the box against 4-5 defenders. that will just lose possession of the ball. I would like to see him make more of those runs where silva finds him cutting through and practice on cutting inside and finding a pass. Hes gotta find a way to make space and cause havoc.

I think this needs to be kept in context. We signed the lad for 7mil from a mid-table championship side. The kid was obviously one of the best players in the division, but its a big gap from the PL. Last season he was impressive, eager to impress and enthusiastic. And the majority of this season, when he's played he's been positive. Yes he's been disappointing the last few weeks, but look at Tevez; barely noticed he's been on the pitch since christmas. And Yaya is as frustrating as they come (But I'll give him some slack for his Wembley exploits).

At the end of it all, he's only a young lad and needs to mature as a footballer. And wingers are typically flaky anyway.

If anyone can keep him grounded and get the best out of him it will be Bobby.

I'm getting a bit sick & tired of AJ to be honest. Mr. 'Billy Big Time' himself!
Just who does he think he is? he wouldn't get a start in any top 6 club in the EPL. And as for his head shaking and tantrums he needs to a close look at himself! He has not performed when started and his only real use is that of an impact sub. I'm not convinced he is going to make the grade as a player for a top 4 team and we could see him on his way next season. I for one would shed no tears. Sooner or later 'promising' players have to deliver. I don't think he will.

KingofDraw said:
I can understand Milner shaking his head and being pissed. played in a wrong position all season and finally gets a run out in his preferred position cuz team is playing wank. and he gets taken off 5 mins later. I dont think he will be a city player next season
Was I hallucinating when I used to see Milner deployed on the wing all the darn time early in his career and doing a pretty good job at it?

AJ looked frustrated when he came off but perhaps he was more frustrated at how ineffectual he was?

Wingers are always going to find it difficult be in the game for 90mins that is just the nature of the position. Against United he was never going to control the game as he has done at times against lesser teams.

Having said that he certainly troubled United particularly with those corners that could have easily both been goals. Against Blackburn he was marked out the game somewhat. I believe in his ability and I think he should still keep his place in the starting XI.

taconinja said:
KingofDraw said:
I can understand Milner shaking his head and being pissed. played in a wrong position all season and finally gets a run out in his preferred position cuz team is playing wank. and he gets taken off 5 mins later. I dont think he will be a city player next season
Was I hallucinating when I used to see Milner deployed on the wing all the darn time early in his career and doing a pretty good job at it?
Not on the left though

i wish i knew why managers play people out of position,this does my head in more than anything,except refs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.