Considering our record, is a DRAW at Spurs a good point?

skybluekings

Spurs are stumbling a bit but would be up for it most definitely when we play them on Wed.
Normally a point away to Spurs and their current form would be a good thing, but for us and our situation:

1. If we win we establish ourselves as serious contenders
2. If we lose we fall further behind the top 4 chase and maybe even go 7th if Liverpool win their game

and worst of all another DRAW

If we draw at Spurs it will be 1 win in 10 games (sounds more like a relegation team's stats than a top 4 team TBH).

I would take a draw away to Spurs and try to win the home game.

How do you guys feel about another draw on Wed?

Need a win, but more importantly we mustn't lose.

A draw would be an ok result under the circumstances.

I'd take a draw at Spurs, however their defeat at weekend, and the aftermath with Eso-Akouto, could have them in a vulnerable state and if we can keep Defoe quiet we have a good chance of a win. Adebayor will be up for this one from the off, and Tevez looks like he's found top form. I would be happy with a draw but can see a win on the cards. A draw and a win on Saturday v Mackems though should be more than acceptable.

We need to win on Weds.

Can see it being a really open game with lots of goals.

We've missed so many opportunities this season to open up a bit of a gap and the fact is that BIRMINGHAM will probably be above us by weds evening if we dont win!

Its only a matter of time before the mickeys put a bit of a run together as they always do. We need to get out of the "we'd have lost that last year" mentality and start going at teams from the off rather than waiting til we are behind. If we'd have seen out just 2 of those stupid home draws we'd now be a point clear in fourth with a game in hand.

Frustrating, and if we dont make the top 4 then we've only ourselves to blame, the opportunities have been there. If its not us, I really hope its Villa that get 4th. Cant stand Spuds and the lack of cash for Liverpool from the CL would be very interesting....

draw's ok. but then it's one win in ten league games, and we'd probably need to win three out of the next five to stay in touch with fourth spot. really, it's a big opportunity for a win, they are struggling right now.

Pigeonho said:
I'd take a draw at Spurs, however their defeat at weekend, and the aftermath with Eso-Akouto, could have them in a vulnerable state and if we can keep Defoe quiet we have a good chance of a win. Adebayor will be up for this one from the off, and Tevez looks like he's found top form. I would be happy with a draw but can see a win on the cards. A draw and a win on Saturday v Mackems though should be more than acceptable.

God, I hope they play Gareth Bale over Ekotto.

Draw is okay. But we have to follow that up by beating Sunderland and Stoke.

Winning the home games is crucial.

Wednesday would be a great game in which to nail that all elusive 3rd away win!

Fuck the point, lets bag all three and start smashing down the door of the top 4 spots!

bizzbo said:
draw's ok. but then it's one win in ten league games, and we'd probably need to win three out of the next five to stay in touch with fourth spot. really, it's a big opportunity for a win, they are struggling right now.

The 2 home games give us a real opportunity of staying in touch with top 4, especially if we can accompany those potential wins with a draw at Spurs and do Wolves away. The next 2 home games are crucial and we need to be winning those games. Drawing away at Spurs would be a good result, but only if we do Sunderland on Sat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.