Constant rotation

Damien10

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a problem?

I sed before the game, i think there's to much tinkering happening right now. At this current time it's like some positions are rotated just to keep the players happy. I feel the club needs consistency, pick the best eleven and stop changing it to keep players happy. If players don't want to work there way in to the team then let them go, it's simple. Maybe this is why he he reverted back to the 4-4-2 today, because he couldn't possibly not play Dzeko for the second game running, and he definitely couldn't drop Aguero.

Just part and parcel of playing so many games for a top team. I haven't really noticed too much rotation going on personally and thought he might not start Aguero in favour of Dzeko or Jovetic if anything

The Fat el Hombre said:
Just part and parcel of playing so many games for a top team. I haven't really noticed too much rotation going on personally and thought he might not start Aguero in favour of Dzeko or Jovetic if anything
If the big players can play every game then why can't the rest. I feel it's not only killing competition for places but it's killing momentum. Lets take Kolarov and Clichy as an example one of them could have a great game then the following week it's rotated.

Rotation should keep our players fresh but it really isn't helping out defence at the moment.
Zab is having a horrible season - he still looks like he's in preseason and Mangella looks confused.
We need to play the first choice defence for about 10 games on the bounce so they sort themselves out.

BlueAnorak said:
Rotation should keep our players fresh but it really isn't helping out defence at the moment.
Zab is having a horrible season - he still looks like he's in preseason and Mangella looks confused.
We need to play the first choice defence for about 10 games on the bounce so they sort themselves out.
Exactly, consistency is a big thing. there's not enough of it at the minute. Manuel needs to pick his best eleven and stick with it. A change in the personal should only be done based performance. Obviously if someone really does need resting then that's fine. Mangala needs to find his form, but it's hard when you are in and out of a side.

I agree with you.Too much tinkering going on with the team selection.It would have been ok if we were on form and things were all going easy for us but it is not.We need to build up momentum,find that winning streak,until then we must pick our best 11 and stop with the rotation,even if that means playing with only one striker.This is not the time to satisfy all the players by giving them adequate playing time,look.at Chelsea,Mourinho doesn't fiddle with the team selection too much,it is the same for almost all matches unless for injuries and also for other tactical reasons.

We should in theory feel the benefits of this towards the end of the season but right now i agree there's a bit too much rotation going on. Mangala needs a good run of 5-10 games with Kompany to get a partnership going. harsh on Demichelis but necessary in the long run. I understand the fullbacks being rotated pretty much every game as they are absolutely vital to our game and are expected to get up and down all game but again, the defence needs work and it's hard to do that when upto 3 of them are constantly being changed. As stated, it also destroys any competition for places which should really be a big benefit to us having the squad we do but certain players know they will play regardless of form if fit, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Kun and others know they can be man of the match one game and will be on the bench the next mainly the likes of Dzeko, Navas, Milner(not at the minute), the fullbacks etc.

Damien10 said:
BlueAnorak said:

Agree with this, rotation in attack is obviously a given as players will have off days (and Aguero can be rested). But I don't get why the defence is being tinkered with seemingly every week. I get we've got a big squad now and 2 players for pretty much every position. But we need to get games under our belts with a settled back 5. Changing Sagna and Zabba, Kolorov/Clichy and in some cases Hart/Calle every week isn't going to do anyone really much good. I get with Mangala and MDM that Mangala's being slowly brought in so that makes sense. But we should pretty much have a solid 3 in defence (Kompany, Zabba and Kolorov) until Mangala is up to speed then he can join Komps in the middle, I get that in certain games it'd be better for Clichy to step in.

Damien10 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
If the big players can play every game then why can't the rest. I feel it's not only killing competition for places but it's killing momentum. Lets take Kolarov and Clichy as an example one of them could have a great game then the following week it's rotated.

There are good reasons why ALL the top teams do it mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.