Contactless Payment in pubs

johnmc

Now prior to the invention of contactless I used to hate people using cards at places like pubs but now it’s as quick if not quicker than cash. There is no change required.

Usually though you just pay the required amount. There is no “and your own” 20 pence style tip or adding a bit of change to the payment. Restaurants usually have a gratuity option where you can add a tip but this doesn’t seem to be the case in pubs/bars.

So my question is has anyone who works in the pub industry suffered a reduction in tips, which often boosted the poor hourly rate as a result of this invention? Have you employees done anything about it?

Im still a dinosaur that takes cash out before going to the pub but have used apple pay before, if ive used cash I will always stick a bit of change in the tips jar but obviously if Ive used contactless they get nothing.

simple for me, I don't pay with card, keep old fashioned and always pay cash and will tip sometimes.

If I have no cash then it is probably time to go home.

Know people who tip on card though

I just say take one for yourself. I would say many more now have work rules though where they are not allowed to accept tips. Defo recall bar staff saying in some places tips are not allowed, posh-ish places mostly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.