Contract lengths

Really_here

Team supported
City
Just read that Nicolas Jackson has signed a contract extension to 2033 for Chelsea. Dunno if I'm mistaken but clubs seem to be giving players lomger and longer contracts these days? Good for the players but can backfire on the club but I suppose there's always a risk that they end up owing substantial amounts for players they don't want - EG Anthony at Untied.

Just read that Nicolas Jackson has signed a contract extension to 2033 for Chelsea. Dunno if I'm mistaken but clubs seem to be giving players lomger and longer contracts these days? Good for the players but can backfire on the club but I suppose there's always a risk that they end up owing substantial amounts for players they don't want - EG Anthony at Untied.
That's bloody insane

When you say clubs I think you actually mean Chelsea.

Chelsea will be in a mess in a couple of years, we have been in similar position with the likes of Cancelo & Philips and we weren't giving 6+ year contracts.

They are already paying Sterling 200k to play for Arsenal.

It's bizarre. When they were using it to get around amortisation rules, I sort of got it, but I don't understand why they're still handing them out. Presumably they think it will help them keep their value for longer, but that only works if the players are actually performing, otherwise you're going to end up with a lot of players out on loan, subsidizing their expensive wages. Maybe they're assuming that the will win more than they lose and still be up, even if they do end up taking a big loss on the odd player. Just trying to find some logic to it. Anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.