Control of Money Laundering

I had this when I bought my first house, as a director of a limited company.

The solicitor wanted to see proof of funds in my personal savings account. Then when he saw they were paid in in 5k chunks he wanted to know where from.

I told him my business. He wanted to see my business’ statutory accounts, so I showed him.

Then he wanted to see dividend vouchers and pay slips. Then he asked for sight of the business’ bank statements.

At which point I fucked him off and found another solicitor who was also very picky, but was happy enough with my business’ books and bank statements.

I have nothing to hide but I felt like he was being a bellend for the sake of being a bellend. And I was fucking paying for the privilege.

I was at my bank asked them to change a 20 into a ten and 2 fives, saud they couldn't do it due to money laundering laws. I had to pay the 20 in and withdraw it again as the required denomination.

A ball ache yes but you should be a grateful that the banks are going through this. There are thousands of people being scammed and the banks rightfully are conscious of this. With all due respect, you be the first to kick off if someone lifted £XXXX from your account and the banks had let them do it without any checks....
You are correct in principle, but is it sensible to ask a woman if she has seen the face of her own son? Same name remember. Is it sensible to ring the recipient and ask him if the bank details are correct when they can just look on the computer? These ppl have known us for years but the beaurocracy wont let them deal sensibly, so they are just automatons. It is the lack of common sense that I object to, as it inconveniences customers. Ok to leave a 70 year old woman standing at the counter for an hour? Nah.

You are correct in principle, but is it sensible to ask a woman if she has seen the face of her own son? Same name remember. Is it sensible to ring the recipient and ask him if the bank details are correct when they can just look on the computer? These ppl have known us for years but the beaurocracy wont let them deal sensibly, so they are just automatons. It is the lack of common sense that I object to, as it inconveniences customers. Ok to leave a 70 year old woman standing at the counter for an hour? Nah.

we live in a world where people think they can be something that isn't between their legs, so yes I can see why people now have to ask stupid questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.