Cook resigns as England skipper.

jay_mcfc

Strange feeling to this one. Two years ago I'd have been happy but I think he's got better and also it still might be a bit early to throw Root into the job given that his batting has fallen a bit behind the rest of the world's top players (in terms of conversions anyway). Maybe captaincy will give him that little bit extra, we'll have to hope so because there aren't any other candidates.

Anyway, cheers Cookie. Was a tough start your board got him off on but I think overall he did a good job in difficult circumstances. Hopefully he'll score many more runs as opener and smash all kinds of records.

Good, England cricket has been in regression imo for a while now despite the best efforts of gods county to keep propping the national team up.

Not sure about this one, but it is better now than at the end of the summer before we go to Australia, I thought he might want a crack at winning down under, however the job takes its toll and if he thinks he's gone as far as he can then fair enough. He was an ok captain, he got better at it with time but his batting after initially getting better seemed to go backwards as his captaincy improved. He is a double winning Ashes captain (2016 ICC test captain of the year ironically) which is far more than probably better captains like Hussain and Atherton can boast, a good guy, hopefully he can get back to his form pre the captaincy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.