Copying file details in XP

East Level 2

Greetings lads and lasses, I need a bit of help with Windows XP.
I'm trying to copy a list of music files and their attributes from a directory to Excel (via Word or Notepad if necessary). Is it possible?
I know how to get a text listing giving the track name and file size using the command prompt, but I'm also looking to get additional information such as artist, album and duration. All this information appears in the XP Windows Directory (if it's selected) but is it possible to export it as text?

In iTunes at least if you open a playlist up, select whichever columns you want, then ctrl+A to select all and ctrl+V in Excel (works in OO anyway) to paste your list.

Edit :- you can do it from the main library view as well but you don't have control over the columns selected.

Cheers for that. I might have to download itunes as the same trick can't be done with Windows Media Player either from the main directory or from a play list. - Unless I'm missing a step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.