Core of the team.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
One of my biggest frustrations with Pep so far has been the amount of rotation that has been used, I understand it is all about managing the squad but at times it has felt like roatation for the sake of it.
It seems this year Pep has been a little more settled, now this may be down to managing the Covid situation but the stability at the back has seen a real change in fortunes.

For me 8 of the starting 11 should pretty much be picked for every premier league game with only minimal rotation after that. I personally think the positions below should be our 1st choice whenever fit.

Three problem areas for me:
Left back: Options Cancelo, Ake, Laporte, Zinch, Twitterfeed.
Right wing: Bernardo, Torres, anyone else before the Algerian Bony.
Centre forward: Aguero in decline, Jesus still unsure after 4 years, Torres - possibly, Delap not ready yet.
------------------------Eddy-------------------
Walker-------Stones----------Dias-------????
----------Rodri-------------------Gundo------
?????????--------------KDB--------------Foden
---------------------??????------------------

-----------------------Eddy-------------------
Walker------Stones------Dias-------Cancelo
Sterling--------------KDB--------------Foden
------------------Bernado false 9------------

If we were to play in the CL final and had to pick a team to play one game if our lives depended on it, I’d pick this team but as the poster above says, form and fitness come into it massively.

-----------------------Eddy-------------------
Walker------Stones------Dias-------Cancelo
Sterling--------------KDB--------------Foden
------------------Bernado false 9------------

If we were to play in the CL final and had to pick a team to play one game if our lives depended on it, I’d pick this team but as the poster above says, form and fitness come into it massively.
Dilemma isn't it ? No Sergio ? I have to say the false 9 has worked on a few occasions in big games. But to leave a fit and firing Aguero out ? I'm not so sure about that. Great team otherwise.

Cancelo is coming into his own, mad that we have two top quality right backs and Left back still looks so weak.
TBF you can't fault Zinchenko, he's done a decent job recently and is part of the leagues best defence. But you're right we probably need a better LB for the future.

Last edited:
Dilemma isn't it ? No Sergio ? I have to say the false 9 has worked on a few occasions in big games. But to leave a fit and firing Aguero out ? I'm not so sure about that. Great team otherwise.
I think he’s sadly gone mate, I can’t see him ever getting back to fitness.

Maybe I’m being too harsh but it’s easier to deal with by presuming he’ll never get a run of games again.

I don't know why there is a question over left-back.

Len Cancelo should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
Len Cancelo, I like it!

I remember Len Cantello as a football card in the 70s.

But back to Cancelo, if I were Pep, I’d find a place for him in the team, he’s superb going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.