Corners

90% of them fail to get past the first post.
Truly baffling how shit they are at corners.

We get so many corners per game we really need to utilise them more. We must be a statistical anomaly that we fail to score from them.

I feel like we’re great at short corners when David Silva is playing. That guy has an insane understanding of how to exploit those 2 v 1s and 3 v 2s down the sides straight from the corner being taken.

But when he’s not fit or if we try to whip it in, we rarely look dangerous in the league. We’ve been a threat in the Champions League though.
David footballing brain really is on another level isn’t it? Take him out the side and we create A LOT less. Bernardo just doesn’t have David’s intelligence.

It is almost laughable how bad we are at them, considering pep’s a genius its weird how this major flaw has escaped him??

Every time a corner fails to clear the first defender a fine of £20k should be imposed on the taker. If we actually did that I’m sure we’d score more goals over the course of a season than we do now.

Dinho is a threat but has a 50p head

Stones is a threat in the champions league only.

Gabby and Aguero head the ball well but it has to be from free headers.

Laporte, Kompany and Otamendi are threats but only 1 of them is first choice.

Gundogan is decent in the air but he's taking the corners recently.

Rest are not in the slightest.

Really strange naive attitude to corners. Nearly every corner HAS to be an inswinger. Put in the right position any touch creates panic & does lead to goals. Outswingers do the defenders job for them i.e. the ball is going away from danger.

Perhaps it will help to offer KDB from the left side & Merlin or Bernado from the right.

SIMPLES.

We get so many corners per game we really need to utilise them more. We must be a statistical anomaly that we fail to score from them.
Remember this coming up before but seem to remember stats being posted that show the conversion rates for all teams from corners isn't very high. I'm sure somes stats guy will tell us at some point, wont be me though busy day ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.