corona virus could this affect Madrid trip

Indaparkside

Could this corona virus potentially cancel games for the next round of the champions league especially now there is confirmed cases in Europe.
Hope not booked flights accommodation etc, thoughts blues

Possibly.
But if it does football will the last thing we’ll be bothering about.

Also check your travel insurance. Most basic policies exclude health outbreaks.

I don't understand the forensics of how this bug is going to spread and I could be way off the mark but I would think large gatherings of people might not happen. Conversely the powers making the decisions might decide that the Cat is out of the bag anyway,

I don't understand the forensics of how this bug is going to spread and I could be way off the mark but I would think large gatherings of people might not happen. Conversely the powers making the decisions might decide that the Cat is out of the bag anyway,

70k at a football match is not a large gathering, not compared with Madrid transport system.

Could this corona virus potentially cancel games for the next round of the champions league especially now there is confirmed cases in Europe.
Hope not booked flights accommodation etc, thoughts blues

of course not . There are confirmed cases in England you are not leaving are you ?

So do we cancel the underground and trains to London with people packed in like sardines too?

You would have to ask the people planning outbreak contingencies, if it gets serious enough then yeah they probably would. but doing that has major economical impact on a country ( China are taking a major economical hit right now by quarantining cities) vs a sporting event that can be rearranged or played behind closed doors with very little impact in the grand scheme of things.

certainly in China they have cancelled events and put others at risk ( see link I posted above in an edit ) and it would certainly make sense to cancel large public gatherings where people will travel for it.

Edit: OIympic qualifications, world indoor athletics and a golf tournament have all be cancelled over there already.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.