Coronation Street stars at Maine Road

soccer-paul-lake-testimonial-manchester-city-v-manchester-united-G8PA0B.jpg

I remember the opening of each episode....."Hey Mam!!!!"......" What??"......."Its the dustbinmen!!!"

My mate was gutted when he died. We used to do some caddying/golf balling at Didsbury, Northenden and Mere golf courses as kids. We were at Mere when Graham called my mate over and asked if he had any golf balls to sell. My mate sold him three and he said he'd pay him next time he saw him. When he died my mate said, "Bloody hell the bastard never paid me for those golf balls!"

Sadly my mate is now also dead. Rest in peace Graham and John Quinn, maybe you caught up with him and got that money in the end.
Sad mate. Somebody said on here that he was a blue in real life, and died so young. A Good comedy actor.

Sad mate. Somebody said on here that he was a blue in real life, and died so young. A Good comedy actor.

I believe he was, my mate certainly was. People of a certain age might not know but at that time City were quite a glamour club, with the charismatic Allison and the genial Joe Mercer, who everyone loved. We played exciting football and had Bell, Lee, Summerbee and Young. No social media of course, hardly any live games so not much out there to look back on. The press quite liked us, the brash Malcolm and his champagne and cigar, happy days.

I wish all the Blues taken too soon were here today to witness this, they wouldn't believe it.

The Dustbinmen was an original play by Jack Rosenthal, one of Manchester's great sons. Jack wrote several episodes of the spin off. He wrote many many episodes of Corrie. City featured quite prominently in both programmes, yet Jack was a United supporter. He wrote many famous plays such as The Knowledge, Spend Spend Spend, Barmitzva Boy.
Married Maureen Lipman. There is a street named after him in Chorlton on Medlock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.