Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional Summary

Most places only up a bit or down a bit, unsurprisingly give the almost identical numbers day to day.

East: down 39 to 456

London : down 125 to 504 - lowest London score in months

South East: down 315 to 490 - as you can see the southern areas now very low scores

South West: down 2 to 274.

East Midlands: up 34 to 657

West Midlands: up 78 to 755 - reverse situation as we go north to the midlands but modest rises

North East : up 29 to 305

Yorkshire: up 188 to 923 - biggest rise of the day here.

And what do you know.....!

North West: up 34 to 923 - exactly the same as Yorkshire!

Whilst Yorkshire has been rising a little in recent weeks North West has been falling so this equanimity has been coming.

GM highlights:

That said it was actually an even better day for Greater Manchester.

Cases here went down by 53 to a new low since last autumn of just 347

As a result this created a big fall in the GM percentage of the NW from 45.0% to 37.6%

Biggest drop in some time and lowest % for GM in a month.

Everywhere in GM down big week to week - though a couple up a little day to day.

But also some new records in 2021 at least.

Manchester was back to being top - but fell to new low of just 51. This is the lowest top score in GM for 6 months and the first time Manchester has had a single figure Pop Score rise in that time too.

Trafford reasserted its dominance with the lowest GM number for months too - just 17.

Every other borough between 17 and 51 - a spread of just 34 - lowest since early autumn.

Everyone about half the numbers they had last Wednesday and Bolton and Manchester even more - around a third of where they were a week ago.

The best day GM has had in months.

Advice wanted - had covid tested positive 3rd Feb - went through all the isolating rigmarole and got my fist jab - OAZ - on Monday 1st March. Got an e-mail asking me to donate seeing if I want to send in a blood sample so they can check for anti-body levels post covid. I am more than happy to help but would I be right in assuming that as I have had the vaccination in between they would only be getting a false reading anyway and in fact I wouldn't be helping much at all - am I on the right track there?

Advice wanted - had covid tested positive 3rd Feb - went through all the isolating rigmarole and got my fist jab - OAZ - on Monday 1st March. Got an e-mail asking me to donate seeing if I want to send in a blood sample so they can check for anti-body levels post covid. I am more than happy to help but would I be right in assuming that as I have had the vaccination in between they would only be getting a false reading anyway and in fact I wouldn't be helping much at all - am I on the right track there?
I'd say let them decide. I did a home antibody test for an Imperial College study a few weeks back before I had my first shot. It showed I had IgM antibodies which are the ones that are first produced (I wasn't aware of ever having Covid) so if I was asked again I'd do it. I guess it would show if I had the longer term IgG antibodies.

I would imagine that they will get lots of information from your test , such as efficacy as long as they know you have had the vaccine.

GM scoreboard:

347 - down from 400 - 37.6% of the NW total of 923 - down 53. Falls from 45.0 % yesterday.

Wk to wk: 1097 v 992 v 723 v 764 v 692 v 347 today - Steady fall has accelerated in past week.

Manchester 51 - down from 53. Pop score up 9 to 9058. Weekly cases 540. Cases across the pandemic now passed 50,000, Weekly Pop down 17 to 97. First time Manchester under 100 in over 6 months.

Rochdale 46 - up from 34. Pop score up 21 to 8973. Highest rise of the day. Weekly cases 300. Weekly Pop down 5 to 135. Still a fall week to week is why.

Wigan 43 - down from 54. Pop score up 14 to 8344. Weekly cases 404. Weekly Pop down 5 to 123.

Bolton 35 - down from 58. Pop score up 12 to 8488. Weekly cases 382. Weekly Pop down 23 to 133. Huge week to week drop as cases last week were 108.

Salford 35 - down from 43. Pop score up 14 to 8447. Weekly cases 287. Weekly Pop down 9 to 111.

Tameside 33- down from 37. Pop score up 14 to 7536. Weekly cases 263. Weekly Pop down 22 to 115. Another big week to week fall,

Stockport 31 - down from 46. Pop score up 11 to 6706. Weekly cases 326. Weekly Pop down 10 to 111. But still loses more overall pop score points to a rampant Trafford!

Oldham 28 - up from 24. Pop score up 12 to 9154. Weekly cases 263. Weekly Pop down 6 to 111.

Bury 28 - up from 25. Pop score up 13 to 8575. Weekly cases 236. Weekly Pop down 16 to 124. Yet another big weekly Pop fall today in GM. Lots today again.

Trafford 17- down from 26. A new low in 2021. Pop score up 7 to 6621 - lowest rise in many months. Trafford now 85 clear with best Pop across the pandemic and uncatchable with low numbers like it is getting. Weekly cases 192- lowest in GM by far and first sub 200 in months. Weekly Pop down 3 to just 81 - best in GM but now much harder to fall when you are this low. And Bury may yet challenge as it is starting to post low numbers as is Oldham.

Weekly Pop - Borough / Today / Seven days ago / Up/down by Lowest score is best - going down good/up bad

I add the Pop score across the entire pandemic too at the end per 100. This is essentially the percentage of the population in the borough who have tested positive and been recorded. So the minimum immunity acquired that way - if indeed any lasts up to a year by that route. Unrecorded cases, asymptomatic and, of course, vaccinated immunity are all on top of this base number locally.

Rochdale 135 / 170 / down 35 Testing positive 9.0%

Bolton 133 / 210 / down 77 Testing positive 8.5%

Bury 124 / 225 / down 101 Testing positive 8.6%

Wigan 123 / 154 / down 31 Testing positive 8.3%

Tameside 115 / 194 / down 79 Testing positive 7.5%

Stockport 111 / 181 / down 70 Testing positive 6.7%

Oldham 111 / 144 / down 33 Testing positive 9.2%

Salford 111 / 166 / down 55 Testing positive 8.4%

Manchester 97 / 175 / down 78 Testing positive 9.1%

Trafford 81 / 128 / down 47 Testing positive 6.6%

As you see Manchester now in uncharted territory sub 100 weekly Pop. It was briefly near 1000 in the heady days of the student return in September/October.

Absolutely everywhere has fallen a lot in the past couple of weeks and no numbers here are remotely a concern. Long time since we could say that about GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.